Academy of Art University seeks a full-time Accessibility Representative with a focus in Military Specialization. This is an impactful and dynamic position that will enable candidates to work in an operational capacity, think of creative solutions and enhance the learning experience for our veteran students. Additional responsibilities include:
- Facilitate accommodations for onsite and online students with learning disabilities of all types, including AD/HD, Autism Spectrum Disorder, mobility impairments, medical conditions, acquired brain injury, psychological disorders as well as hearing and visual impairments.
- Manage services and accommodations for all military students with disabilities
- Provide ongoing academic coaching as needed for study skills and time management
- Guide students towards self-sufficiency and self-advocacy by providing them access to helpful resources
- Collaborate with staff and faculty consistently to ensure assigned students are successful
- Conduct seminars on subjects such as note-taking, organization, collaboration, social skills, and professional conduct
- Provide guidance with and troubleshoot issues as it pertains to assistive technology
Academy of Art University offers health insurance, 401k options, paid sick leave and a commuter benefit program. The Academy also offers employees an opportunity to take one undergraduate course tuition-free each semester. We also have a swimming pool with multiple lanes, two fitness centers and many recreational programs that you are welcome to benefit from throughout the year.