Company: Environmental Solutions Group - Marathon Equipment
Location: Vernon, AL or Chattanooga, TN
Responsible for Cost Accounting activities related to our manufacturing operations. Major responsibilities include analyzing, reconciling and controlling material, labor and overhead. Requires day-to-day involvement with our Manufacturing Operations organization and Engineering to create and manage labor and overhead rates by department, accuracy of routings and bills of materials.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
· Duties cover all facets of cost accounting, including but not limited to support of budgeting, forecasting, standard cost development for material, labor and overhead by department, reporting and analyzing manufacturing material and other variances, capital and headcount.
· Research/update cost of parts ensuring accuracy and verifying BOM's and routings are accurate and up to date.
· Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations for month-end close.
· Assist and understand cycle count programs in lieu of physical inventory for manufacturing. Investigate and resolve material variances.
· Assist in implementing new procedures where applicable to prevent future inventory quantity inaccuracies. Monthly/Quarterly reporting on Cycle Count Results.
· Prepare monthly inventory reconciliations for standard cost adjustments and reconciling any material differences comparing G/L to Perpetual systems. Understand PPV for manufacturing facilities.
· Participate in development of the annual operating plan and monthly forecasting for margins and expenses. Assist in forecasting Inventory balances month-to-month.
· Work with operations on daily labor and overhead reporting. Create maintain departmental labor and overhead rates. Monitor and adjust as necessary.
· Work with Operations on capital requests, providing analytical support on ROI.
· Communicate and explain manufacturing performance through the P&L.
· Assist staff with software support questions, i.e. Excel, MRP, etc.
· Be integral player on various teams created for operational changes for improved processes and automation as necessary.
· Perform annual Fixed Asset audit.
· Lead discussions on Labor, Material and Overhead variances. Work toward consistent and continuous cost improvements.
· Support compliance relating to internal financial controls and procedures for cost accounting and manufacturing operations, including developing and/or updating procedures to enhance efficiency and internal controls.
· Ensure validity and accuracy of ERP and related add-ons and participate in software improvement and implementation projects.
· Maintain and improve processes and controls associated with the cost accounting function, including but not limited to manufacturing costs and inventory valuation.
· Other duties as assigned by management.
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
· 5 years plus years of Industrial Manufacturing experience.
· Cost Accounting experience is a must in a manufacturing environment.
· Experience understanding BOM’s and routings and maintenance of those elements.
· Expert in navigating ERP’s and ERP migration experience nice to have.
· Hands on, strong attention to detail and good analytical skills.
· Experience with JDE ERP systems is preferred.
· High degree of Excel proficiency is required.
· Experience creating and manipulating spreadsheets.
· Must be detail-oriented, dependable, organized, self-motivated and pro-active, with a strong sense of accountability.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively and communicate with all levels of the company.
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality of privileged information.