The Accounting Manager directs and oversees all accounting activities of the company. This individual is expected to work closely with other departments on problems involving accounting systems and financial planning.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Prepare Financial/ Government audits and personal property tax returns
· Prepare current financial reports.
· Prepare analysis reporting, implementing and enforcing internal control.
· Prepare accurate and timely monthly/yearly closings.
· Maintain accounts payable and account receivables
· Ability to manipulate large amounts of data.
OTHER IMPORTANT JOB FUNCTIONS
· Assist the CFO in preparation of periodic miscellaneous reports and surveys for senior officials, government units, and year-end audit work papers
· Assists with annual audits as required
· Assists with related special projects as required
· Accept other duties as assigned by Accounting Manager and/or CFO.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures
• Ability to perform computations with reasonable speed and accuracy
• Advance knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Must be able to travel as needed driving and/or going on airplane to customer locations or meetings.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND TRAINING
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, and/or Finance.
· CPA designation required.
· Five (5) or more years of experience in Accounting and Finance and a minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience.
· Experience with General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP
· Experience with Deltek Cost Point and ADP System a plus
- Government Accounting Principles, OMB A-122 Principles for Non-Profit Organizations; OMB A-133, Yellow Book Federal Accounting requirements, Audits of States, Local Governments, and Non-Profit Organizations; familiar with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) preferred.
Essential duties are routinely performed in a professional office environment, but may be conducted in remote or field locations. The role may require work at a station/desk and routinely requires use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers/scanners, fax machines, printers, and filing cabinets. Duties may require use of transportation to attend meetings or conduct duties outside of the office environment. Must be able to regularly remain in a stationary position and occasionally move about the office to access office machinery and facilities. Occasionally
must be able to move/transport materials weighing up to 30 pounds, as well as position self to access files, equipment and work materials. This role frequently communicates to internal and external resources both verbally and written, via face-to-face, electronic and telephonic media. Must be able to understand and exchange accurate information in these situations, as well as translate into action. Short-term and long-term memory, abstract reasoning and decision making may be required on a regular basis. Core office / business operational hours may be required
ADA/ADAAA/SECTION 503 NOTIFICATION:
In compliance with the ADA, the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA) and Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act), should you have a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please see Human Resources to begin the interactive process.
DISCLAIMER: This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is designed to cover or contain a comprehensive, but not all-inclusive, listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.