OAI is seeking a candidate who will provide warehouse operations and administrative support to a potential U.S. Department of Defense (USDOD) client. The administrative receiving clerk will provide administrative, managerial, and organizational type services in support of military medical research, including budgets, operational surveys, studies, and business analyses; recommend administrative actions to solve problems; and enterprise-related items. The mission of this organization is to conduct research, development, tests, and evaluations to enhance the health, safety, and readiness of Navy and Marine Corps personnel in the effective performance of peacetime and contingency missions and to perform other functions as directed by higher authority. The administrative assistant will support the USDOD as they conduct basic and applied research in Combat Casualty Care, Infectious Diseases, Bone Marrow Transplantation, Biological Defense Research, Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine, Aviation Medicine, Behavioral Science and Epidemiology, DirectedEnergy, Medical Modeling Simulation and Information Management, Toxicology, Operational and Undersea Medicine, Dental andMaxillofacial, Immune Cell Biology, Environmental Medicine and Human Factors directly related to military requirements and operationalneeds.
Expected position start date: Fall 2018
Silver Spring, MD
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time position with excellent employee benefits, including medical insurance, holiday, vacation, and sick leave. Salary commensurate with experience.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- High school diploma or GED and at least three years of experience as a receiving clerk;
- Must be currently certified to operate a forklift;
- Must have the ability to bend, squat and lift up to 60 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis;
- Demonstrated experience with records management;
- Knowledge of light warehouse equipment operation and/or maintenance and the safety procedures related to a warehouse facility;
- Demonstrated experience with receiving, tracking, and distributing materials, supplies, and equipment;
- Demonstrated experience maintaining quality, safety, and/or infection control standards;
- Ability to pass a USDOD background check;
Preference will be given to applicants with experience as a USDOD employee or contractor.
The position requires access to Federal office buildings and communication networks. Applicants must have US citizenship or right to work documents that do not expire during the contract period, combined with two years of US residency before the start of employment.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, you MUST APPLY THROUGH OUR WEBSITE ONLY. Go to OCEANASSOC.COM, click on Now Hiring, find the position you wish to apply for, click the 'For More Information' link for that position, follow instructions on the page to apply. (no emails)
Only qualified applicants that meet minimum experience or background requirements stated above need apply. When applying for this position you will be asked to upload your resume at the end of this online application.
Applicants should submit a resume that includes the following:
- Cover letter that briefly describes how you meet the required and preferred qualifications listed.
- Work history for past 10 years or since last full-time education.
- Previous experience or training with similar requirements.
- Three professional references.
- Include your name in the document file name.
- Upload your resume in readable, not scanned, PDF or Word format (PDF is preferred).
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States, complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire, and successfully complete a federal government background check. Ocean Associates Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law.