PeopleTec is currently seeking an AMD Systems Engineer to support our El Paso, TX operations.
Under the direction of the facility's Program Director, the Capabilities, Development and Integration (CDI) Cell's Systems Engineer is responsible for the management and implementation of the facility's Department of Defense (DoD) government-off-the-shelf (GOTS) and commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) systems to support our customer's training objectives while executing Air and Missile Defense (AMD) and Homeland Defense (HLD) related training events both locally and at distributed locations. The new hire will be responsible to integrate and manage both DoD Tactical and Virtual Systems during Live-Virtual-Constructive (L-V-C) Joint Exercises and Experiments. This individual ensures that systems' hardware, operating systems, software applications and networking requirements are operational and updated as required to meet organizational training timelines, objectives and Information Assurance (IA) requirements. Additionally, the new hire will integrate existing systems and services, to include emerging capabilities, as directed by the customer or organizational leadership in support of all funded tasks. Lastly, provide updates, as directed, to the Program Director and Government Leadership.
- Serve as a Systems Engineer for a DoD Government facility developing, implementing and managing strategies that will both increase efficiencies and improve processes for our customers
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure within the facility
- Propose system updates and document via a configuration management plan
- Install new hardware and software systems and components, ensuring that each integrates with existing networked systems while maintaining a local configuration plan database highlighting software versions and patches installed on each system
- Ensure the customer's mission essential focus areas are supported and systems' requirements are met
- Liaise with in-house IT personnel and commercial vendors to capture new requirements and research emerging capabilities for future implementation within the facility
- Proficient in both basic and advanced computer system troubleshooting techniques and demonstrate experience installing and managing clients and using multiple operating systems (MS Windows and Unix / Linux is preferred)
- Provide weekly and monthly status updates to the customer, as required
- Communicate effectively with all levels of management and maintain and establish excellent customer relations with internal and external customers
- Learning and sharing new skills honed through independent research, formal training and industry events
- Capability to work independently and self-motivate
- Read and understand complex technical materials and apply knowledge derived from them
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to continual changing work demands or situations
- Ability to adhere to common workplace rules and procedures
- Experience working in a classified government facility with DoD tactical systems
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Excellent writing and speaking skills
- Proven experience working with, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX / Linux-based systems
- Experience integrating and operating Air and Missile Defense Systems is preferred
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones)
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Travel Required: 20%
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen
- Candidate must currently have an active Secret security clearance and be able to maintain this clearance level during employment (Top Secret Preferred)
A completed Bachelor's Degree in an engineering field is required.
PeopleTec, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following email address, HR@peopletec.com and/or phone number (256.319.3800 ) to contact us about your interest in employment with PeopleTec, Inc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. PeopleTec, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.