Company and Position Description
Array Technologies, Inc. (Array) is the global leader in solar tracking and experiencing explosive growth built on our best-in-class technology and dynamic team. Array is seeking highly skilled, self-motivated people who want to accelerate the world’s adoption of clean and economical energy. If you meet these criteria please consider the company that has been leading the solar energy revolution for 30 years.
The Applications Engineer will be faced with many inter disciplinary tasks spanning across our product utilization and configurability of the DuraTrack HZ single axis solar tracker for our customers. Timeliness and accuracy of work is essential in this position. The ideal candidate will combine the analytical abilities of an engineer with the customer service mindset of a business development manager. Direct technical support of customers as well as support to the sales department are required. Other key responsibilities and areas of knowledge required are: quoting, pricing, drafting, structural calculations, corrosion analysis, site criteria analysis, seismic analysis, code compliance and contract document generation.
This position requires interdepartmental work, strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple open projects at one time. The ideal candidate for this position will be able to operate autonomously and as a key contributing member of a team effort. Developing and maintaining relationships with the customer’s project engineers, procurement personnel and business development managers is required. Some travel for customer meetings and conferences will be required. The position location is open and can be remote. Relocation to Albuquerque, NM is preferred. It is full-time and exempt.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop an in-depth technical knowledge of DuraTrack® HZ Tracker, product configuration and site application.
• Be the primary technical relationship contact for the customer during the pre-sales process.
• Determine technical requirements that influence a project design that include: wind loading, snow loading, seismic loading and corrosion.
• Establish site specific design requirements for a project and design the tracker configuration to meet customer requirements.
• Work with customer to iterate through project design parameters to field the most cost optimized tracker for a project.
• Provide timely feedback on questions related to project or component design.
• Analyze and cost optimize projects for competitive positioning of the Array DuraTrack® HZ Tracker.
• Layout, edit and optimize customer projects in CAD.
• Assist with contract activities to ensure design requirements have been met
• Assist in Array’s pricing activities as needed.
• Provide customer pre-sales engineering support remotely and on-site if required.
• Create and give presentations for customer specific meetings in support of sales. Presentations may be either in person or a webinar. Must be able to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical people from various backgrounds and skill sets.
• Provide quotes and support documentation for sales activities including responding to proposal packages.
• Provide input to product feature enhancements and process improvements from customer to the Array Engineering team.
• Work with a geographically dispersed sales team to achieve an industry leading technical sales support function