Interested candidates should apply at the following link:
Operating Company: Environmental Solutions Group - Heil Environmental
Location: Fort Payne, AL
Applications for this position are accepted year-round, 365 days a year, and on a constant basis.
Those looking to learn a real, marketable skill and take part in a great tradition of American manufacturing need look no further than Environmental Solutions Group’s Welding or Assembly Apprenticeship Program at Heil Environmental. Unlike college or trade schools, you don’t have to pay to attend — in fact, we pay you to learn on the job. After completing the month-long process, you’ll be an American Welding Society (AWS)- Qualified Welder or an Assembler. Then through continued training, you will learn to weld or assemble at production standards. You’ll already have a job lined up, with guaranteed income level and raises at six and twelve months. Experienced welders or assemblers need not apply!
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Receive instruction and training in set/fit up and finish welding or training in assembly which is painting, hydraulics, DC electrical, final assembly and decaling.
- Responsible to demonstrate progress in learning to set/fit up and finish weld or in learning to set/fit up and finish.
- Fills in and assists with whatever other duties, as called upon and/or as needed.
- Effectively manage workload in consideration of the respective time demands.
- Self-motivated; able to function with a high sense of urgency.
- Committed to quality work with attention to detail.
- Willing to perform challenging as well as not-so-challenging tasks.
- Innovative, high integrity, adaptable.
- Efficient, accurate, willing to learn.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: Requires a High School diploma or GED.
Knowledge: Requires ability to understand general arithmetic; ability to write in an understandable manner; understand verbal or written instructions; ability to read and understand instructions, lists and billing materials; use PC based applications, including Mainstar, Outlook, and Microsoft Office, knowledge normally acquired through high school or equivalent experience.
Mental: Requires normal attention with periods of high concentration intermittently to operate machinery approximately 50% of time.
Physical: Requires walking/standing approximately 70%, lifting up to 40 lbs. approximately 15% of time; involves repetitive overhead work approximately 10% of time; involves repetitive stooping, forward bending and crouching approximately 5% of time.
Manual Dexterity: Requires use of hands, arms and feet for repetitive lifting; use of hands and arms to operate all manufacturing equipment, meters, chains hoists, automatic drills and general hand tools and to record written information.
Audible Demands: Requires ability to follow verbal instructions and to hear for safety purposes.
Visual: Requires the ability to visually observe essential functions for satisfactory job performance and safety; color and depth perception required.
Environmental: Exposure to plant environments with the presence of dust, fumes, noise, and fluctuating temperatures due to lack of climate control.
Note: Supersedes All Preceding Job Descriptions:
The above job description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential job functions, and set forth the requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of job functions or requirements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
This position may be located in: Americas : United States : Alabama : Fort Payne
Sub Division : Heil
Job Requisition ID : 31079