If you enjoy consultative selling in the Construction market, while impacting positive growth, then join us as an Architect & Specification Specialist.
The Architectural Specification Specialist is a Business Development role that reports to the Director of the New Construction channel. The position is responsible for obtaining product specifications with leading architectural firms within the U.S. Additional duties will include tracking statistical performance, reviewing construction plans and specifications, preparing product specifications and coordinating efforts across all Business Units.
Architectural Specification Specialist Experience:
- 4-year college degree preferred; however 5 years’ experience within the new home construction sales channel may be substituted.
- A CSI Certified Construction Specifier certificate is recommended.
- 5 years of outside sales experience with a commercial / industrial product manufacturer with-in a specified traveled region.
- Experience calling on architects, engineers, specifiers, developers, GC’s, construction companies, municipalities, groups commonly referred to as the ‘product influencers’ for product selection is preferred.
- Experience with AIA and other architect associations, working with McGraw Hill networks and construction documents is highly preferred.
Architectural Specification Specialist Responsibilities:
- Prepare market strategy inclusive of budgets for a defined region.
- Establish strategic relationships with the major segment architects, engineers, specifiers and purchasing agents within the selected region who specify garage doors, door and gate operators and access control products.
- Identify and track the active and viable construction projects within the region and targeting those specifiers who influence the product selection.
- Educate the targeted architect, engineer and specifier on the LiftMaster products by constant firm visits, scheduling and performing approved AIA CEU’s for the firms’ principles and associates in the form of a ‘lunch and learn.’ Perform PowerPoint presentations on commercial and residential door operators, gate operators, access controls with the focus on UL commercial mandate codes and product safety.
- Determine LiftMaster and competitor market share within designated markets.
- Assist in establishing metrics to measure success rates in penetrating LiftMaster product specifications.
- Attend specific trade shows and architect events as required.
- Perform other services as assigned.
For Immediate Consideration:
Please submit your resume via our career page at
The Architetural Specification Specialist position is a full time opportunity that offers a competitive base salary and excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match and more! We're an organization who values its human capital and provides support to assist its employees succeed.
Chamberlain Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will be considered for this position based upon your experience and education, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry; marital, disabled or veteran status. We are committed to creating and maintaining a workforce environment that is free from any form of discriminations or harassment.