Job Title/Grade: Assistant, Global (Grade 4)
Department: Delivery, Global
Date: April 11, 2019
Function of the Position:
This position supports the Global Delivery sector to coordinate financial, logistical and operational functions to the Global Sector. The incumbent provides administrative supports one or more small projects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Sector Coordination (50%)
- Under the guidance of Regional Sector Managing Director (RMD) and Regional Finance and Operational Manager (RFOM) provides general operational and logistical support to the Global Sector on sector related logistical and administrative tasks.
Contract Management (10%)
- Assists project with project recruitment for Long Term (LTTA) and Short Term Technical Assistant (STTA) positions and overall helps with the administrative process putting together the contract in place and processing of payments. Submits requisitions for procurements.
Financial Management (20%)
- Responsible for and processes project financial transactions, including:
- Auditing project iExpense reports.
- Processing ICA invoices and supplier invoices for review or approval per the Schedule of Authorities.
- Assisting with following up with outstanding invoices and closed project finances.
Project Management (20%)
- Provides backstopping support to projects in an Assistant capacity and help with day to day project operations. Under the guidance of the RFOM, assist with ad hoc tasks as requested by from Project Delivery Teams for projects on a surge capacity.
- Grade 4: Minimum one-year relevant administrative experience and BS/BA degree
- Understanding of/interest in the international development field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Professional Working Proficiency in Spanish or French required
Supervisory Requirements: None
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. EOE – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans