Assistant Project Manager
775 Woodlands Parkway, Ste 310
Ridgeland, MS 39157
The Assistant Project Manager assures staff compliance with scheduling, workload, attendance, and communication, and promotes a high level of productivity among review staff so as to ensure meeting contract requirements. In addition, the Assistant Project Manager acts as a clinical criteria resource and assists staff with decision-making, problem identification and resolutions; and oversees all utilization management review types including Acute and Ancillary Care, Behavioral Health and Dental Services.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Possess strong understanding of US Government procurement practices, contractor and subcontractor relationships.
- Excellent communication skills with key stakeholders, customers, and staff members.
- Experience with self-directed work teams.
- Able to flow timely/pertinent information between self and others to improve individual and workgroup productivity and quality performance.
- Knowledge of and commitment to process improvement methodologies
- Proven ability to create an effective work environment; ensure services are of uniformly high quality. Resourceful in overcoming obstacles and solving problems; agile and imaginative; champions change.
- Ability to handle multiple activities/projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ability to anticipate and translate customer needs into specific actions.
- Skill in managing people by fostering the development of others, mentoring and coaching staff, and setting expected performance levels for staff.
- Ability to foster communication between team leaders, and other staff by communicating effectively both orally and in writing.
- Proven success in preparing and delivering presentation to both small and large audiences.
- Ability to provide leadership in support of mission-critical functions by making strategically planned decisions related to service delivery, facilitating cooperation and teamwork, and supporting the constructive resolution of conflicts.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to travel by car or airplane to customer and company meetings as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND TRAINING
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with Master’s degree in nursing, healthcare or healthcare-related business field
· Current Mississippi Nursing license, if nursing degree is an element of credentials
· Five (5) or more years of clinical experience, including five (5) years utilization review experience
· Knowledge of Medicaid programs is required.
· Seven (7) or more years current experience managing and/or working with Medicaid, government health plans, or authorization programs is required
· Certification in Utilization Management, preferred.
· UR experience must include statistical analysis of utilization review reports or their equivalent
1455 Lincoln Parkway Ste. 800