Walker Stainless Equipment Co. LLC
625 State Street
New Lisbon, WI 53950
I. Overview of Position:
Assist with supervising the activities of production personnel engaged in all facets of the manufacturing function. Acts a liaison between team members and the rest of the organization. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
II. Description of Duties/Responsibilities:
• Review blueprints or sketch to construct vessels and/or component parts. Perform complex layout work as needed. Organize and assign work to utilize available skills, knowledge and experience, available man-hours, materials and equipment to obtain the most favorable cost, quality and workmanship consistent with production schedules.
• Develop and recommend effective procedures and supporting policies which will help establish and achieve production schedules and quality standards at the most favorable cost.
• Plan, organize and coordinate jobs to maximize production efficiencies.
• Monitors the work of employees to assure that productivity, quality and safety objectives are met; assist and train employees to help them achieve these standards.
• Provide leadership in communications among employees, teams and other groups in the organization.
• Check on material status and arrange for or follow-up on material deliveries to avoid delays.
• Participate in planning work schedules and floor space requirements.
• May be required to operate metal fabricating equipment and welding related equipment, according to established codes and standards, to perform weld procedures which insure proper weld size, weld penetration, fit-up and appearance.
• Check completed work and perform rework as required to ensure completeness and compliance with established specifications. Performs and/or directs specified vessel testing as required.
• Coordinates with Engineering personnel, through Supervisor, to obtain additional clarifying information, when a question arises, to ensure the project is completed according to specifications.
• Inspect product at regular intervals and complete all necessary paperwork and documentation regarding assembly and inspection records and procedures.
• Keep Supervisor advised of any quality problems, concerns, delays, etc.
• Advise Supervisor of any maintenance work. Maintain an orderly and safe work environment.
• Suggest methods improvements or alternate methods and materials to reduce cost and/or improve quality.
• Assist with supervising, directing and evaluating assigned personnel.
• Assist Manager/Supervisors with disciplinary action as necessary.
• Assist with coordinating and administering company policies and programs.
• Performs other duties as apparent or assigned.
III: Preferred Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills, etc.):
May require an associate’s degree or have at least 4 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Demonstrates ability to read, interpret and apply blueprints, weld symbols and procedures.