Chamberlain Group is seeking a motivated and creative Analyst, Business Systems to assist with the continued growth and innovation of our product portfolio. We're an organization who values its human capital and provides support to assist its employees succeed.
Analyst, Business Systems Responsibilities:
- The Business Systems Analyst (BSA), Connected Solutions is responsible for the design, delivery and support of solutions for Chamberlain’s Connected Solutions team.
- The BSA will engage business stakeholders to: elicit and define business requirements and use cases; design, develop, and implement solutions that meet business needs; collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement integrated solutions; support production systems including analyzing and resolving production problems and end user service requests.
- The role requires strong technical abilities within application and system design, implementation, and support, especially with RESTful API’s, distributed systems and cloud technologies; building and maintaining relationships with business stakeholders and external business partners; advanced understanding of business processes and practices; strong business analysis skills; strong project management and communication skills. The role will interface with multiple departments including Marketing, Engineering, Customer Service, Technical Support, Channel, Finance and other IT departments.
- Implement and support the development of an advanced IoT access control system for retail, commercial and b2b customers.
- Work with Product Owners to understand and develop the business case and elicit, define and analyze business model, requirements, use cases, strategy and UX.
- Collaborate with functional and technical teams across the company to define and design proposed solutions that meet requirements.
- Create the deliverables according to the Software Development Lifecycle such as Discovery and Design documents.
- Work with the QA team to document the test cases.
- Manage own work to deliver according to project schedules; be accountable for delivery.
- Stays current on modern technologies and innovations which can further enhance and improve the commercial success of the MyQ connectivity solution.
- Support production systems; proactively analyze and resolve production problems in a timely manner. Identify and resolve root cause of problems; help establish and monitor key metrics which measure performance.
- Identify opportunities to leverage applications to improve business processes, and support business re-engineering efforts. Research and represent industry best practices.
Education: Bachelor’s in Information Systems or equivalent required. Masters in Computer Science a strong plus.
- Minimum 7 years total experience in Information Technology as a business analyst or related field.
- Preferred 3 years hands-on experience working in IoT focused environments, playing an active role in definition and delivery of solutions and enhancements to the core platform.
- Experience working with Requirements Management and QA/Test Management solutions, preferably JIRA.
- Experience working in User Experience driven environments, including Information Architecture and Creative disciplines applying user-centered, responsive and mobile design best practices.
- Experience required with BI/Reporting platforms such as Hadoop, cloudera, PowerBI or Qlik and Google Analytic.
- Experience in global environments a strong plus.
- Experience in working with large complex systems a strong plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert knowledge of the Agile and Waterfall methodologies, with in depth knowledge of their core artifacts.
- Expert knowledge of app development for android, iOS and Web.
- Excellent understanding of Cloud systems such as Azure and AWS
- Good architectural understanding of RESTful API’s, message oriented middleware and distributed systems.
- Able to lead and work cross-functionally with other technical resources to ensure complete, thorough, end-to-end solutions
- Excellent skills in systems analysis, problem analysis, debugging, troubleshooting, and technical error resolution. Can facilitate small groups to analyze/debug/resolve problems.
- Solid knowledge of software development lifecycle in both Waterfall and Agile/Scrum environments; able to manage solutions through entire SDLC from design through development, testing, and deployment including release and change management. Proactively supports business deployment including communications and training.
- Excellent business requirements analysis skills. Able to work with business stakeholders, understand needs, produce alternatives with recommendations. Strong ability to communicate technical topics clearly with business stakeholders.
- Possesses deep technical knowledge in multiple areas and strong breadth of knowledge across related areas and integrations.
- Excellent data analysis skills; strong understanding of business operational reporting needs and how to meet those needs effectively with a variety of systems solutions. Strong working knowledge of core systems data models and able to translate meaning of data to business stakeholders.
Chamberlain Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will be considered for this position based upon your experience and education, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry; marital, disabled or veteran status. We are committed to creating and maintaining a workforce environment that is free from any form of discriminations or harassment.