The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston is one of the world's most respected centers focused on cancer patient care, research, education and prevention. It was named the nation's No. 1 hospital for cancer care in U.S. News & World Report's 2017 rankings. It is one of the nation's original three comprehensive cancer centers designated by the National Cancer Institute.
The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) is responsible for participating in the gathering and documentation of functional, technical, integration, and data requirements in order to design, development, test, implement and support enterprise/clinical text analytics and Natural Language Processing (NLP), data integration in a complex environment.
The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for participating in NLP performance validation for precision and recall. Gather requirements, design and develop solutions Gather and document functional, technical, integration, and data requirements, provide expertise in the activities of design, development, testing, issue resolution, and support of complex text analytics and NLP models.
• Assist in identifying the scope and needs of source data and actively gathers detailed business requirements and business rules of content extraction.
• Analyzes, gathers, and documents business requirements.
• Converts requirements into comprehensive detailed design specifications (business process and data flow, business rules of content extraction, etc.) for solutions.
• Build Text Analytics and NLP Information Models and analyze test results and iteratively update model to meet precision and recall requirements.
• Build, customize, optimize data dictionary used in text analytics and NLP.
• Documents detailed design specifications using appropriate standardized documentation.
• Planning, development, and execution of testing efforts.
• Identifies and resolves project issues. Identifies, recommends and incorporates quality assurance and risk mitigation activities into issue resolutions/solutions.
• Has a fundamental understanding of technical concepts.
Provides business analysis leadership for projects • Acts as a liaison between the business customers and technical resources on projects.
• Attends and contributes at regular meetings with both business and technical staff.
• Identifies and resolves migration issues effectively and in a timely manner
• Seeks input from other MDACC resources and/or vendor input to resolve application issues when appropriate.
• Has knowledge of governmental regulations and institutional Policies and Procedures
• Participates in the development of plans for contingency, backout, recovery, conversions/cut-overs and decommissioning of systems after migration activities.
• Performs high level data validation to determine if code is working correctly.
Perform assessment, implementation, testing, and support • Performs process analysis, including feasibility studies, functional requirements analysis and review, detail design reviews, process workflows, and clinical assessments.
• Performs comprehensive testing activities including creating test plans, strategies and both developing and executing test scripts.
• Participate in NLP performance validation for precision and recall.
• Assists in development of strategies, policies, procedures and standards.
• Coordination and adherence to functional and technical development, configuration of process standards mandated by either MDACC and provides justification for any deviation.
• Assists with issue resolution and risk mitigation.
• Communicates problems / issues that may arise in determining solution feasibility and alternatives to the project manager or manager.
• Maintains effective relationships with customers, vendors, project team members and management.
• May design and develop training materials and coordinate training sessions for customers.
• Provides positive feedback to team members when they make a positive contribution.