CAD Designer- Transportation
New Lisbon, WI 53950
The CAD Designer uses CAD equipment to provide support to Design Engineers by preparing routine layouts, detail drawings, assembly drawings, sketches and diagrams. Will make final sketches of proposed sketches, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Creates models and drawings for product engineering designs
• Provides feedback to engineers for design intent, fit and function of parts and assemblies
• Reviews standard Models and drawings before release for usability and coverage
• Creates content for Customer Parts Books
• Creates 3D manufacturing simulations for shop floor personnel
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Vocational School or some College courses
Knowledge, Training, Skills and/or Experience:
Understanding of GD&T preferred.
Knowledge of sheet metal fabrication
General computer knowledge
Skills specific for this position
Must be detail-oriented and self-motivated with superior time management ability.
Work well with little supervision
Experience specific for this position
1 to 3 years’ experience
Must have training/experience with drafting practices and ANSI standards
Experience in Inventor CAD system highly preferred but will consider other 3D experience