Statue Cruises, provider of ferry service to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, is seeking experienced First Officers to join our team!
First Officers, under the authority of the Captain, directly supervise and train crewmembers. Duties include but not limited to:
- Oversee vessel personnel follow safety procedures and work rules at all times. Ensures that onboard crew work and passenger environment is safe.
- Posses the experience and ability to operate the vessel if necessary
- Supervise crew during vessel docking maneuvers.
- Oversee housekeeping chores and maintenance projects.
- Stand Underway Watches as Helmsman or Lookout and performs other vessel navigational functions.
- Train deckhands in practice of Good Seamanship.
- Watch Quarter & Emergency Station Bill assignments and serves as the Incident Commander.
- Assist Captain with completion of Company issued paperwork.
The ideal candidate must have a USCG Inland Masters (100 ton/six or more passengers) or equivalent, Radar Endorsement, FCC Marine Radio Telephony and TWIC Card. Preference given to those who have travel and tourism maritime and customer service experience. Outstanding guest service personality is a must!
We are a quality hospitality organization that serves the public year round. Weekends and holidays are required. Opportunity for promotion and advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veterans