SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a vault cashier for SMG/SAVOR Jacksonville. Responsible for maintaining the overall integrity of cash control functions including all cash handling procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Controls and records all cash issued to point of sale cashiers
· Fills orders for currency and coin, records cash deposits in vault
· Plans and monitors event cash requirements
· Prepares and receives change orders
· Counts and balances house bank
· Counts currency, coins and prepares event deposits
· Report to Finance Manager cash needs and discrepancies of cash transactions
· Establish and maintain positive client relationships
· And all other duties as assigned
· Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must have attention to detail
· Must have good oral and written communication skills
· Must have ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide
· Must be able to adapt to changes in the work environment, managing competing demands, frequent changes, delays or unexpected events
· Must have strong interpersonal skills
· Must have good organizational skills
· Must have basic working knowledge of cash register and cash handling procedures
· Must complete Alcohol Compliance Training
· Must be able to pass a background check to include a credit history report and meet corporate minimum requirements
Education and/or Experience
· High school diploma or GED
· One year of customer service experience preferred
· At least two years’ experience in Tangent software or equivalent point of sale software preferred
· Two years of cash handling experience preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
· Constant reaching, standing, walking and stooping
· Performing work through repetitive eye/hand coordination
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Apply at: www.jaxevents.com
300 A. Philip Randolph Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32202
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 904-630-0334
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.