Revolutionizing the funeral industry means blazing new trails, creating new ideas, developing strong relationships, preserving legacies, and compassionately caring for Families. With over 80 locations across the country, Foundation Partners Group is continuing to expand their reach, but we only do this with exceptional team members ready to embrace the future of the funeral industry.
You served our country every day and brought passion, core values and talent to our armed services. We believe those same characteristics are essential to success at Foundation Partners.
We currently have an opening for a Cemetery Superintendent at Greenlawn Memorial Park in Columbia, SC. The Cemetery Superintendent is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the cemetery grounds and facilities. This includes all aspects of personnel management, cemetery operations, facility management, grounds management, equipment maintenance, supply/inventory management, resource management, strategic planning, and policy/procedures development.
Overview & Responsibilities:
- Manage, train and monitor work progress of the cemetery grounds team members
- Ensure effective communication of deliverables and work orders from the cemetery sales group to the cemetery grounds team
- Coordinate daily plans and goals as it pertains to the full scope of cemetery operations.
- Assist with the hiring process of new cemetery grounds team members
- Ensure proper grave, mausoleum and niche is identified prior to burial, entombment and inurnments
- Maintain proper stock of cemetery outer burial containers, granite markers and fuel for cemetery equipment
- Order replacement parts for cemetery equipment such as tents and grave setup equipment
- Cut grass, maintain lawn, trim trees, maintain walkways and memorial marker, lay sod, moves and remove flowers to and from chapel and graveside
- Clear debris and keep driveways and walkways in a safe condition
- Complete minor repairs to grave markers and other cemetery features
- Assemble tents / canopies and arrange chairs for graveside ceremony
- Prepare crypts for entombments
- Install grave markers, bronze memorials, crypt faces, etc
- Assist with setup for openings and closings for interments, entombments and inurnments
- Operate equipment in a safe and careful manner to avoid damage to cemetery property
- Maintain, service, clean and properly store equipment
- Assist with maintenance of cemetery vehicles as needed
- Assist in loading/unloading of caskets and moving/installing vaults as needed
- Observe safety rules and ensure compliance with the operating procedures of corporate, federal, state and local regulations, including OSHA regulations and Safety and Environmental guidelines
Team Member Benefits Include:
- Entry-level and experienced professionals; students and veterans – we offer complete career paths regardless of your career and life stage
- Work schedules that fit your lifestyle - full-time, part-time and on-call
- Unique ShareLife® technology lets you create one-of-a-kind life celebrations for the families you serve
- Competitive salaries and performance incentives
- Team member referral bonus program
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision insurance
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- 401k with company match
- Company paid life insurance, long-term disability and short-term disability