· Project configuration - Define components required for custom projects, including researching and defining local design criteria, structural design and calculation, and working with current inventory restrictions.
· Product design - Design custom components or systems required for a project.
· Customer service - Act as primary technical consultant for the customer on projects.
· Project changes - Implement change requests after the project has been ordered through the use of a Change Order process. Work with the customer on product change suggestions and improvements. Responsible for communicating any product changes to the customer when necessary.
· Project scheduling - Schedule engineering drawings and document preparation, calculations, and resources necessary for the project.
· Drafting - Draft and/or check all drafting work for projects using AutoCAD.
· Analysis - Use of various domestic and international standards and engineering principles to analyze structures, connections, and components using analytic and computational methods.
· Site Visits - Troubleshoot, analyze, and/or assist service team, for periods of 1-5 days in general. Travel may include up to 10% annually.
· Testing - Test or assist with testing of systems or components, as needed.
· Technical Writing - Write technical documents for system or system components as needed. May create detailed instructions for installation & maintenance of new parts, specification for packaging, and formal calculation sets.
· Create bills of material for each project.
· Assist with other departmental needs as required.
· Other duties as assigned.