POSITION: Concessions Stand Lead
DEPARTMENT: Food and Beverage
REPORTS TO: Food and Beverage Manager
FLSA STATUS: Part-Time/Hourly/ Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Part-time Concession Stand Leader for SMG/Jacksonville. Responsible for overseeing all day event operations within their assigned stand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in settling concessions event paperwork per event
- Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving
- Ensures all POS systems in their stand are in proper working condition
- Accurately reviews final product before serving to customer
- Ensure health codes and liquor laws are followed
- Maintains safe working conditions and sanitary work area
- Maintains accurate cash handling procedures at all times
- Preps food and beverage in stand prior to event beginning
- Counts all inventory within their stand and ensures accurate numbers
- Manages all employees within their stand
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have attention to detail
- Must have good oral and written communication skills
- Must have ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide
- Must have strong customer service skills
- Must be able to adapt to changes in the work environment, managing competing demands, frequent changes, delays or unexpected events
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Must have good organizational skills
- Must have basic working knowledge of cash register and cash handling procedures
- Must be compliant with health codes
- Must complete Alcohol Compliance Training
- Must be able to pass a credit check and meet corporate minimum requirements
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- One year of customer service experience required.
- At least two years of experience in concessions software required.
- Must have two years of experience in food and beverage.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
- Daily lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs. Up to 5 minutes at a time.
- Constant reaching, standing, walking and stooping
- Performing work through repetitive eye/hand coordination
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Apply at: www.jaxevents.com
External link: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1152751&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000439402806#/
Internal link: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/nghome.guid?c=1152751&d=InternalCareerSite&r=5000439402806#/
Recruiter- Kimberly Escolano
300 A. Philip Randolph Blvd
Jacksonville FL 32202
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.