The Viney Group is looking for approximately 15 people for a project to help limited English proficient voters during the Primary Election in June. Help is needed to coordinate day-of operations near select poll sites. Selected candidates will not provide interpretation services. This is a short-term, contract position. Compensation for this project is $1,260.
On Election Day, Tuesday, June 25, supplemental interpretation services in various languages will be offered to voters at select poll sites in Brooklyn and Queens. This project is separate from the interpretation services provided by the New York City Board of Elections. Selected candidates will serve as coordinators and oversee activities at multiple poll sites and will work all day, 5am to 10pm, on June 25. Breaks will be provided. Selected candidates must also attend two training sessions before Election Day. The first is on June 11 from 9am to 1pm and the second is on June 17 from 9am to 5pm. To be eligible for this position, candidates must be available on all three days for the hours requested.
- Interact and communicate with interpreters;
- Manage site logistics, including set-up and breakdown;
- Troubleshoot and escalate issues as needed to the Viney Group and to city government personnel;
- Track and report data; and,
- Help to inform voters about the services offered.
- College/university degree or equivalent training and experience;
- Demonstrated leadership experience;
- Experience working with members of the public;
- Interest in civic engagement and/or voter access;
- Fluency in English;
- Use of a personal smartphone, including ridesharing app(s); and,
- Availability on June 11, June 17, and June 25 for the requested hours.
Compensation for this project is $1,260. Coordinators will also receive a per diem for transportation between poll sites and meals on Election Day.
To apply, please send résumé and a short personal introduction to email@example.com by May 24, 2019.