I. Overview of Position:
Operates on an on-call capacity. Installs, repairs, warranty and maintains equipment. Ensures equipment runs at optimal levels and performs routine repairs and maintenance. Responsible for setting up, checking, and correcting operational machinery, and equipment adhering to pre-established guidelines of the organization’s engineering specifications. Participating in the design, manufacturing, installation and operation of components and equipment systems. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Responsible for arranging travel based on the field service schedule and managing schedule to meet various customer requirements.
II. Description of Duties/Responsibilities:
• Troubleshoot mechanical problems in the field.
• Perform TIG welding, grinding, fabrication blueprint reading, and work planning.
• Documents all inspections and servicing as required.
• Train customers to operate the essential functions of the equipment.
• Uses safe fork truck techniques to protect people, property and materials.
• Work closely with customer personnel on or off site a needed regarding assembly and inspection of product.
• Keep Supervisor advised of any quality problems, concerns, delays, etc.
• Check completed work and perform rework as required to ensure completeness and compliance with established specifications.
• Performs and /or directs specified testing of controls as required.
• Inspect product at regular intervals and complete all necessary paperwork and documentation regarding assembly and inspection records and procedures.
• Maintain and orderly and safe work environment.
• Oversee the work of, or train less skilled employees.
• Advise Supervisor of any maintenance work. Maintain an orderly and safe work environment.
• Suggest methods improvements or alternate methods and materials to reduce cost and/or improve quality.
• Performs other duties as apparent or assigned.
III: Preferred Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills, etc.):
May be required to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty. Requires at least 2 or more years of experience in the field or in a related area. Ability to work at heights and in confined spaces. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, procedures and tools. Demonstrates ability to read, interpret and apply weld symbols and procedures. Works under minimal supervision. Mechanical construction, welding, fabricating, grinding. Currently possess or able to obtain a valid drivers license. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Ability to travel extensively domestic and international.
Grade 5 – Employees at this level demonstrate the ability to effectively accomplish 4-5 of the skills required for this position, with the aptitude to grow.
Grade 7 – Employees at this level demonstrate the ability to effectively accomplish most of the skills required for this position. This level is capable of independently executing tasks on the customer facilitiy. May be called upon to assist with the training of others.
Grade 9 – Employees at this level demonstrate a high level of ability in all skills and full accountability for job tasks, along with complex fault-finding/repair. This level is responsible for training others and developing new customers.
Equal Opportunity Employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.