Digitronics Inc. is looking for Electronic Security Technicians in our Northern Virginia location to join our full-service security and resiliency solution integration companies. The Electronic Security Technician will be responsible for maintenance, installation, and troubleshooting of the security systems, infrastructure, and components. The systems to be maintained and installed are access control, CCTV equipment, intrusion detection, alarms, intercoms, and so on. The Electronic Security Technician will be self-motivated and take the initiative to communicate with the factory representatives and the clients as well as maintain a professional appearance while on site. Work is performed in a variety of interior and exterior locations and can require the use of ladders, lifts, and bucket trucks as well as confined spaces.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Install cabling and card readers, mount equipment, door contact and strikes, intrusion detection, CCTV equipment, and access control systems.
· Possess functional understanding of low voltage systems.
· Use diagnostic equipment/software and established troubleshooting techniques to isolate equipment failures and resolve performance issues.
· Read and interpret blueprints, schematics, manuals, wiring diagrams, and other specifications
· Manage and maintain proper material inventory, always follow established controls and provide quality customer service.
· Work may be performed in residential, commercial leased facilities and/or Government owned facilities.
· Maintains company propriety and documentation in accordance with established policies; handles proprietary information in the prescribed manner; adheres to and supports Digitronics Inc. policies and procedures including all safety requirements.
· Shall perform any other duties as assigned from time to time to support the operational necessity.
· Performs work assignments in a safe manner and within specified cost limits.
· Promotes, builds, and maintains good customer relations and assists with contract retention.
· Area travel may be required to complete certain jobs.