SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for an Electronics Technician for SMG/Jacksonville. Responsible for providing engineering, installation, repair and maintenance of electronics, telecommunications, audio-visual equipment and related infrastructure providing support for event and non-event technology related services for all SMG-Jacksonville Managed Facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Install, maintain, and troubleshoot telecommunications, DATA, audio, video, and other low voltage infrastructure including but not limited to UTP, STP, coaxial and fiber optic cable.
• Maintain multiple single-mode and multi-mode fiber plants. This includes installation, splicing, terminating and testing using industry standard tools and methods.
• Develop, configure, test and troubleshoot advanced CATV systems and related software/hardware components and infrastructure.
• Maintain and troubleshoot broadcast audio and video systems.
• Assist in installation and maintenance of wired and wireless network and/or server/client solutions and related software/hardware components and infrastructure.
• Install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot IP-based Voice, DATA and video systems and related software/hardware components and infrastructure.
• Provide necessary information for the proper purchase of preventative and corrective maintenance of equipment and systems.
• Respond to routine and emergency calls and make necessary repairs.
• Research, develop and make recommendations in regards to the maintenance and capital improvement of equipment and systems.
• Monitor system efficiencies and recommend appropriate solutions.
• Assist in the daily oversight of appropriate contractors.
• Provide event related maintenance, services and support.
• Review, perform and maintain regular department work orders and equipment through the use of CMMS (SMG Maintenance)
• Conduct regular inspections of work spaces to ensure proper housekeeping, safety and compliance
• Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Basic understanding of IP/TCP protocol
• Ability to effectively communicate and train lower level techs as they progress towards the next level
• Must have understanding of TCP/IP Protocol and the ability to troubleshoot and repair systems
• Must be Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite
• Must have overall understanding and experience in facility management, event industry experience preferred.
• Must have attention to detail, ability to work independently with little supervision with good organizational skills to productively produce results and handle tasks as assigned in a timely manner.
• Must be able to adapt to changes in the work environment, managing competing demands, frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude and be results driven.
• Excellent customer service skills are a must as the position requires frequent interaction with customers, vendors and visitors to the facilities.
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and meet the City’s driving requirements for City equipment.
• Must have ability to possess and maintain current OSHA Forklift and Personnel Lift Certification.
Education and/or Experience
• High school diploma or GED required
• 5 years of experience in the installation maintenance and troubleshooting of telecommunications, audio/video or security systems and related infrastructure required
• Experience working directly with users/clients on technical issues in person and by phone.
• Experience in maintaining CATV solutions and/or fiber plants preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events
• Personal mobility with the ability to get in and around the facility and must have the ability to move quickly from one area to another.
• Perform manual labor which includes regular ability to lift and hold at least 50 pounds.
• Requires dexterity and ability to use hands and fingers to operate basic tools and equipment
• Ability to reach with hands and arms
• Involved prolonged periods of walking, standing, bending, kneeling, stooping or sitting.
• Involves walking on ice, climbing (inclusive of ladders over 10’ tall). Must be able to work from scaffolding, catwalks, lifts, etc. and at heights greater than 50 feet.
• Ability to clearly hear voices, alarms, bells and horns (at a minimum of 85 dB) and ability to speak clearly and audibly.
• Ability to understand and follow simple directions communicated both orally and written.
• Ability to read basic written correspondence, plans, diagrams or gauges.
• Ability to use common hand tools consistent with and appropriate to the task at hand.
• Ability to visually inspect and to distinguish colors.
• Must be able to operate equipment such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, turf mowers, scrubbers, sweepers and other light power driven equipment.
• Exposed to the potential hazards of the following: extreme noise that can exceed 85 dBA, electrical shock, falls, cuts, bruises, strains and burns.
• Required to utilize protective equipment as may be needed for the specific task.
• Respond to routine, precautionary and emergency alarms from building automation and life safety systems. Follow and adhere to all safety precautions and procedures.
• Exposed to the following weather and working conditions: dirty, hot, cold, wet, slippery, chemicals, fumes, confined areas, ditches or other uncomfortable places.
Hours of work and travel requirement
• Must be able to work extended and/or irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
• Regular travel between building properties required.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Apply at- www.jaxevents.com
External link: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1152751&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000376636606#/
Internal link: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/RTI.home?c=1152751&d=InternalCareerSite&r=5000376636606#/
300 A. Philip Randolph Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32202
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact:
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.