To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Must have overall understanding and experience in facility management, event industry experience preferred.
• Must have attention to detail, ability to work independently with little supervision with good organizational skills to productively produce results and handle tasks as assigned in a timely manner.
• Must be able to adapt to changes in the work environment, managing competing demands, frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude and be results driven.
• Excellent customer service skills are a must as the position requires frequent interaction with customers, vendors and visitors to the facilities.
• Must be able to operate equipment such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, turf mowers, scrubbers, sweepers and other light power driven equipment.
• Must be able to work extended and/or irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
• Regular travel between building properties required.
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and meet the City’s driving requirements for City equipment.
• Must have ability to possess and maintain current OSHA Forklift and Personnel Lift Certification.
Education and/or Experience
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Previous experience with Ice operations including Zamboni operations preferred.
• 5 years’ experience is required in the maintenance of building and equipment systems in an industrial or commercial setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the buildings as needed by events.
• Personal mobility with the ability to get in and around the facility and must have the ability to move quickly from one area to another.
• Perform manual labor which includes regular ability to lift and hold at least 50 pounds.
• Requires dexterity and ability to use hands and fingers to operate basic tools and equipment
• Ability to reach with hands and arms
• Involved prolonged periods of walking, standing, bending, kneeling, stooping or sitting.
• Involves walking on ice, climbing (inclusive of ladders over 10’ tall). Must be able to work from scaffolding, catwalks, lifts, etc. and at heights greater than 50 feet.
• Ability to clearly hear voices, alarms, bells and horns (at a minimum of 85 dB) and ability to speak clearly and audibly.
• Ability to understand and follow simple directions communicated both orally and written.
• Ability to read basic written correspondence, plans, diagrams or gauges.
• Ability to use common hand tools consistent with and appropriate to the task at hand.
• Ability to visually inspect and to distinguish colors.
• Exposed to the potential hazards of the following: extreme noise that can exceed 85 dBA, electrical shock, falls, cuts, bruises, strains and burns.
• Required to utilize protective equipment as may be needed for the specific task.
• Respond to routine, precautionary and emergency alarms from building automation and life safety systems. Follow and adhere to all safety precautions and procedures.
• Exposed to the following weather and working conditions: dirty, hot, cold, wet, slippery, chemicals, fumes, confined areas, ditches or other uncomfortable places.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Apply at- www.jaxevents.com
External link: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1152751&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000543286406#/
Internal link: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/RTI.home?c=1152751&d=InternalCareerSite&r=5000543286406#/
300 A. Philip Randolph Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32202
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 904-630-0334
ASM is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.