To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Excellent customer service skills are a must as the position requires frequent interaction with customers, vendors and visitors to the facilities.
• Work independently, exercising effective judgment and initiative.
• Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
• Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule, and produce accurate results.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
• Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, drawings and other related materials including AutoCAD.
• Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
• Familiar with terminology and procedures of the Maintenance, Mechanical & Electrical industry.
• Ability to make mathematical calculations.
• Ability to verify conformance of electrical work to specifications.
• FLA Class E Driver's License is required prior to appointment & must be maintained. FLA Class B Driver's License is preferred.
• Ability to operate motor vehicles with gross vehicle weight ratings of 26,000 pounds or more such as bucket trucks.
• Familiar with computers and energy management systems (EMS), building automation systems (BAS) digital direct controls (DDC) and OSHA safety practices.
• Be proficient in basic computer skills operating in standard word, spreadsheet, email, CMMS and BAS programs.
Education and/or Experience
• Minimum five (5) years supervisory role in responsible management and operational capacity in the industrial or commercial maintenance and repair of industrial or commercial facilities. Experience in the operation of a public assembly, hotel or other commercial facility is preferred.
• Formal education in Mechanical and/or Electrical or Building Construction is desired.
• CFM or FMP through IFMA is preferred
• Possess any additional licenses, certificates or training required by local, state or national authorities for the operations of the equipment found in the facility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
• Meet the physical demands of this job, which include being able to get in and around the facility (requires personal mobility), lifting, carrying, moving, climbing, working from various heights, and moderate to loud noises.
• Moderate lifting, at least 75 pounds and/or strenuous working conditions.
• Involves walking on ice, bending, stooping, climbing (inclusive of ladders), must be able to work from scaffolding, catwalks, lifts, etc. and at heights of up to 160 feet.
• Ability to use hand tools common to Electrical work.
• Ability to distinguish colors in electrical wiring. Must be free from color blindness.
• Operate equipment such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, and other light power driven equipment.
Working Environment/ Conditions:
• Exposed to the hazards of extreme noise, electrical shock, falls, cuts, bruises and burns.
• Required to utilize protective equipment as may be needed for the specific task.
• Respond to routine, precautionary and emergency alarms from building automation and life safety systems. Follow and adhere to all safety precautions and procedures.
Hours of work and Travel Requirements:
Must be able to work extended and/or irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all policies and applicable laws
• Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.