Successful candidate will be well-rounded in industrial electrical skills, repair experience and knowledge of a broad range of complex facility systems. This position requires excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to perform complex technical tasks as well as leading and training team members.
- Maintenance, modification, trouble shooting, and repair of a wide variety of challenging electronic and electro-mechanical systems in a distribution center environment.
- Provide electrical support for all facility systems and equipment including but not limited to conveyors, A-Frames, Printers, Strappers, Compressors and other automated technologies.
- Demonstrate skills in all phases of facility maintenance including electrical troubleshooting.
- Self starter in new system and equipment learning and training.
- Proven ability to lead and train other facilities assistants.
- Communicate with and maintain effective relationships with vendors.
REQUIREMENTS (Specific knowledge, skills, education and abilities):
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least 2 years in mechanical/HVAC, electrical, or a combination of both.
- Experience with troubleshooting control systems ranging from relay logic to microprocessor based controls.
- Knowledge of the NEC and light electrical construction experience is desired.
- Proven ability to read and understand electrical schematics is required.
- Excellent understanding of the electrical and mechanical systems including power feeders, transformers, generators, switchgear, AC/DC drives, PLC’s, UPS systems, compressors, strappers air handling units and CRAC units.
- Experience with and ability to train others on LOTO and OSHA regulations.
- Windows XP/Windows 7 and work order experience is preferred.
- Experience with CMMS program such as Maintenance Connection
- Associate’s degree, trade school certification, or other verifiable training in a relevant technical field.
- Proven ability to communicate intelligently and effectively with contractors who perform maintenance or upgrade work on facility systems.
- Proven ability to learn quickly and address issues as they arise during normal working hours or when on call.
- Applicants must have flexibility with work hours and days, to include holidays and short notice call in.
- Proven ability to lead, communicate and motivate team members under normal as well as during times of high pressure due to system failures.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively between facilities team, vendors, operations and IT.