Location: Clifton Park, NY
Department: Machine Sales
Employment Type: Full Time Non-Union
Work Hours: 1st Shift
Requisition number: 18-0162
Milton CAT is looking for an experienced Sales Representative responsible for sales and rentals of light and heavy construction products related to scrap and demolition in our New York territory. This position requires a self-motivated, energetic, detail minded individual with good analytical skills.
• Maximize the sale and rental of Caterpillar heavy construction/scrap and demolition/hydro mechanical tools to customers in the Scrap and Demolition business.
• Analyze sales opportunities, solve customer problems and participate in sales promotions.
• Maintain current product knowledge on features and benefits of all equipment potentially saleable by the dealership.
• Monitors competitive activity and products.
• Conducts new equipment field demonstrations.
• Maintains current knowledge of used equipment values and ability to evaluate properly for training purposes.
• Maintains current knowledge of financing options to assist customers with securing the purchase of new and used equipment.
• Attend sales training, sales meetings, events and seminars.
Minimum Educational Requirements
Associates Degree in business administration, communications or related field required. Equivalent education and relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of an associate’s degree.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
• Minimum of 3 years’ field sales experience
• Excellent negotiation skills.
• Ability to work flexible hours to meet customer needs.
• Ability to understand and communicate basic financing with customers.
• Proficient in the use of a computer and related software (Word, Excel, etc.), including utilizing customer relationship management system (CRM).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Ability to analyze and interpret basic sales reports.
• Proven track record demonstrating ability to consistently achieve and exceed goals.
• Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy.
• Ability to perform duties with a sense of urgency, exceeding customer expectations.
• Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage high volume workflow.
• Must have and maintain a clean driving record.
• Travel throughout the Milton CAT territory and outside of the Milton Cat territory as needed.
• Previous heavy duty construction sales experience
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign similar duties.
Apply Online – https://re22.ultipro.com/SOU1021/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*001A22E38F1F1951
Resumes that are mailed, emailed or hand-delivered to Milton CAT or any employee will not be considered. You must apply online. Background checks, drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.
Milton CAT is an equal opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, handicap, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. We base all employment decisions to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. EEO/AA employer. Milton CAT is a Drug-Free workplace.