Job Title/Grade: Human Resources Associate I/II (Grades 5 – 6)
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Senior Manager, Corporate Recruitment
Date: April 11, 2019
Function of the Position:
The HR Associate supports DAI’s Bethesda-based HR Team in a corporate recruitment and administrative capacity. S/he will be responsible for direct assistance to the corporate recruitment team on a wide range of projects and activities that increase the overall effectiveness of the recruiting function, and other duties in support of the HR team. The below percentage may change depending on evolving needs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Corporate Recruitment (90%)
- Post job requisitions on internal and external sites; mandatory compliance sites; LinkedIn; Devex; college career services offices, professional associations, and other position-specific job boards as needed.
- In close coordination with corporate recruitment team, ensure completeness and accuracy of information entered into the corporate recruitment tracker. Distribute versions of tracker to administration, IT, and finance departments.
- Manage interview logistics, greet and escort candidates for interviews and coordinate candidate movement in the building.
- Administer candidate testing, coordinate with publications and corporate recruitment team to ensure tests are graded and filed.
- Use LinkedIn and other mediums to source for talent.
- Initiate and facilitate reference and background checks. Raise issues with respective corporate recruitment team members.
- After a position is filled, ensure all necessary documents are saved in the appropriate folder(s).
- Ensure the integrity of the data in the Recruitment Management System (RMS). Monitors performance; maintains and updates the RMS database. Provides RMS access as requested based on approved access parameter; troubleshoot when individuals are having difficulty with RMS; liaises with the Office of Information Management and Technology (OIMT) to communicate user problems.
- Oversee process for identifying, designating and reviewing restricted files within RMS, working closely with HR management team to make changes as requested. Establishes and leads cyclical review of restricted files list and implements changes approved by VP, HR.
- Prepare weekly staff change report, collecting information from multiple sources and issuing according to approved distribution channels.
- Respond to e-mails from Taleo system. Provide Taleo access to employees as requested based on approved access parameters
- Assist with corporate recruitment career fair and outreach events including registration, preparation of materials, invitations, and other duties as assigned
- Update, maintain and distribute recruitment related templates and forms
- Review and submit recruitment-related vendor invoices and purchase orders
- Create standardized recruiting templates and documents as requested
- Monitor Special Immigration Visa (SIV) mailbox for new or updated SIV requests, catalog, respond to, and research each SIV request in a timely fashion; collaborate with Recruitment, Project HR Services, and other teams as needed to verify SIV related information
- Provide strategic workforce planning assistance, and cyclical project support as needed around open enrollment and the annual compensation cycle.
HR Department Support (10%)
- Provides general operational and logistical support to the HR team on department related logistical and administrative tasks, including coordination of team meetings and retreats.
- Grade 5: Minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience and a bachelor’s degree or a master’s degree (similar combination of education and experience will be considered)
- Grade 6: Minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience and a bachelor’s degree, or 1 year of relevant professional experience and a master’s degree
- Must be self-directed, with a strong sense of urgency, impeccable customer service orientation, and ability to prioritize and address multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proven problem solver with demonstrated experience defining problems and offering solutions
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Ability to work as part of a decentralized team with minimal oversight
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of OFCCP compliance requirement for federal contractors, preferred.
- Experience working with applicant tracking systems, preferably TALEO, and talent sourcing tools
- Experience working with HRIS
Supervisory Requirements: None
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. EOE- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans