The Human Resources Associate is responsible for supporting the work of the Human Resources team. The Human Resources Associate will handle inquiries, troubleshoot problems, and work to ensure efficiency in recruitment, onboarding, and staff retention.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
- Interface with managerial staff to assess Human Capital needs; offer staffing suggestions and provide ongoing support.
- Meet and maintain program staffing goals, ensure compliance with all contractors and funders.
- Facilitate candidate onboarding process; coordinate interviews, draft appropriate communication and correspondence, collect employment documents, and manage employment screening activities.
- Process new hires, transfers, promotions and terminations in HRIS database.
- Coordinate daily workflow and communication between HR, payroll, and benefits groups.
- Communicate Human Resource policies and participate in training/information sessions in support of HR policies and procedures.
- Maintain employee personnel files and documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Psychology, or a related field, preferred.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in Human Resources.
- Proficiency in using various Human Resources Information Systems.