Are you excited about the potential for technology to transform the way K-16 students learn foreign languages? As part of Cheng &Tsui’s software development team, you will work with developers, business leaders, and representatives of every department to build, maintain and improve a best-in-class language learning platform and best-in-class print publications that keep students interested to learn languages in a fun interactive way. You will join a passionate, fast-moving team with a proven record of success, where collaboration and innovation are foundational. In a given day, you might collaborate with designers to collect requirements for brand new web features, develop test cases to hunt down a bug, query a database to retrieve information, write user stories for discussion during backlog refinement, or lead a discussion within the team to articulate areas for process improvement. Your contribution as Junior Business Analyst will be an essential part of ensuring the team’s work maximizes business value and efficiently achieves our objectives.
· Become a trusted subject area expert in the technical ecosystem that powers our business, both at the app and web development levels and at the internal administrative IT level
· Interface with leaders in every department, both digital and print, to understand their needs and effectively communicate those needs back to the development team or to IT, production, and other relevant teams
· Proactively take ownership of assigned digital and print projects, including creating and monitoring schedules, coordinating timing of deliverables, and prioritization of workload from inception to completion
· Clearly set and manage stakeholder expectations on project roadmaps, resources, timelines, and deliverables for both digital and print product development teams
· Serve as team ScrumMaster: become an Agile expert and evangelist, keep the team on track, and document our shared decisions
· Assist with technical tasks:
- Serve as lead technical support contact for customers and staff, helping with users’ technical requests, making changes on the Live web sites and maintaining them using HTML/CSS and Drupal.
- Identify, solicit and continuously maintain feature requests and bug reports
- Test, document, and provide feedback to the development team on in-progress work before delivery
· Perform deep dive analysis to understand industry trends as well as educators' and students' needs, to create insights that will drive learning platform improvements
· Translate business objectives into functional data requirements and balance them with technical feasibility, recommending changes in development, maintenance and platform standards as necessary.
· You are passionate about education and technology and possess an intuitive sense of how to use tools or software in or outside of your work
· You are highly organized and are ready to roll up your sleeves to turn complex projects into orderly workflows through the use of project planning and scheduling spreadsheets and other tools
· You can juggle multiple priorities with competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment and can be counted on to follow through
· You possess strong attention to detail
· You have 3+ years of project traffic coordination experience,
· You are confident and collaborative in communicating and interacting with colleagues to executive level management
· You communicate clearly and effectively in English, both in writing and in person
· You are curious and always eager to learn how things work
· You are an effective collaborator who always puts the team goals first
· You exhibit a strong sense of urgency at work: you get things done in a timely manner, and when you see roadblocks on the horizon, you proactively find ways to solve them ahead of time
· You ask lots of questions, even when you think you already know the answer
· You have at least 1-year of experience working with CMS’s--preferably Drupal
· You have worked with an Agile team previously using Jira Board
· You are proficient in MS Office Suite, G-Suite, and project management methodologies
· You have worked in educational print and digital publishing industry and have an understanding of Learning Management Systems
· You have knowledge of an Asian language
The reason(s) you will want to work here
Aside from joining an amazing, passionate, and mission-driven team, we offer great perks:
Medical and Dental Insurance
Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
401K Plan with Employer Match
Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan
Paid Sick Days
Employee discount on company products
In-house English-Chinese-Japanese-Spanish-Greek language exchanges
Salary commensurate with experience. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If this job feels right for you
Please email your résumé and a cover letter explaining how your skills and experience mesh with the major responsibilities listed above to: email@example.com. Include Junior Business Analyst in the subject line.