Job Title: Junior Front-End Designer
TravelClick offers innovative, cloud-based and data-driven solutions for hotels around the globe to maximize revenue. We have a dynamic and innovative work environment with a high level of growth opportunity. Headquartered in New York, TravelClick operates in 176 countries, with local experts in 39 countries and 14 offices in New York, Atlanta, Barcelona, Bucharest, Chicago, Dallas, Dubai, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Orlando, Ottawa, Paris, Shanghai and Singapore. Our diverse team's backgrounds and expertise allows for a global perspective which drives better results and defines our company culture.
TravelClick enables over 50,000 hoteliers to drive better business decisions and know, acquire, convert and retain guests. The Company’s interconnected suite of solutions includes Business Intelligence, Reservations & Booking Engine, Media, Web & Video and Guest Management.
Our award-winning business solutions provide innovative websites and digital marketing services to thousands of hotels around the world. Our track record of innovation and performance has earned us and our clients over 800 website design awards since 2007 from the Interactive Media Awards, W3 Awards, Webby Awards, Magellan Awards, Davey Awards, Mobile WebAwards, Communicator Awards, Horizon Interactive Awards and the HSMAI Adrian Awards.
- Our TRAVELCLICK Values -
Customer Focus * Excellence * Global * Integrity * Passion * Respect * Teamwork
TravelClick’s Digital MediaTeam has built innovative websites and provided digital marketing services to thousands of hotels around the world. Our track record of innovation and performance has earned us and our clients over 800 website design awards since 2007 from the Interactive Media Awards, W3 Awards, Webby Awards, Magellan Awards, Davey Awards, Mobile WebAwards, Communicator Awards, Horizon Interactive Awards and HSMAI Adrian Awards.
The Junior Web Designer will develop compelling website designs for the hospitality industry that effectively convey unique brand experiences and maximize online bookings/sales. This role will require an ability to translate business needs into actionable creative solutions that make use of web design best practices to drive consumer behavior. Exceptional web/graphic design skills, communications and interpersonal skills required. Experience designing for a content management system is ideal. This is a design position, but basic web development understanding is required.
- Concepts and designs website structures and graphical assets that convey unique brand experiences in a way that meets business objectives and drives online bookings
- Delivers creative solutions that can be implemented within a content management system, and pushes the boundaries of what a CMS is capable of from a design perspective
- Works directly on a CMS to deliver compelling interactive designs
- Ensures all work incorporates defined requirements and employs best practices in creative execution and user experience design
- Presents creative concepts internally to the manager of web design and other key stakeholders, as well as externally to clients (mostly during a teleconference)
- Collaborates with implementation managers, copywriters and production designers to ensure creative alignment and a smooth transfer of work between teams
- Ensures all timelines and deadlines are met. Keeps implementation managers and creative managers informed of project status, and proactively brings issues/problems to their attention
- Adheres to defined creative workflow and contributes to the evolution of our overall creative process
- Provides quality assurance on all creative deliverables. Ensures all files (and associated content) are accurate and accessible on the creative server
- Participates in kick-off meetings, design reviews, department meetings and training sessions as requested
- Keeps up to date on design and technology trends to ensure work remains fresh and relevant
- Gains a solid understanding of online hospitality marketing and of TravelClick’s products and services
What we are looking for:
- High School Diploma/GED required
- An online portfolio demonstrating solid web design and layout skills
- Proficiency in modern design tools
- Comfortable with the Mac platform
- Designing for mobile/tablets with a mobile first design mentality
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design/electronic media preferred
- Experience in hospitality, travel industry
- Development experience a plus
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred
- Fluent in Sketch App
- Ability to quickly familiarize with brand goals and integrate brand experience into designs
- Ability to self-manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to generate, articulate and present creative ideas and strategies
- Strong interpersonal skills that encourage team cooperation, promote enthusiasm, and motivate strategic thinking
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.”