CalPortland – “EXPECT MORE… WE DELIVER!”
This is us…
- Best-in-Class, industry leader with a rich 126-year history
- Largest building materials contributor to some of the West’s biggest construction projects including:
• Safeco Field
• CenturyLink Field
• Tacoma Narrows Bridge
• SR 520 Evergreen Point Floating Bridge
- Recipient of numerous awards for environmental sustainability and energy conservation
- “Family” based company culture with a focus on safety
- Competitive compensation and excellent benefits
We are looking for a Cement Terminal Ship Unloader to operate and maintain cement equipment and perform tasks for the efficient operation of the cement terminal. This is an entry level position and a great opportunity to learn a trade.
• Operate remotely controlled boom for ship unloading of bulk cement
• Operate front end loader
• Perform daily preventative maintenance on docksider ship unloading equipment, front end loader and product piping
• Ability to travel 10 to 12 times per year to the Portland Oregon facility for vessel unloading which requires a six day stay
• Troubleshoot problems and perform mechanical repairs to ship unloading equipment
• Operate a winch and bucket machinery for Barge loading and unloading at the Seattle Facility
• Operate mobile equipment, forklift, manlift, boom truck, and crane
• Monitor product movement to and from storage tanks, coordinating activities with other workers to ensure constant product flow
• Record operating data such as products and quantities pumped, gauge readings, and operating times, manually or using computers
Typical shift schedule is Monday - Friday, 6:30am - 3:00pm or Tuesday - Saturday, 10:30am - 7:30pm, although shift hours and work days vary based on production and staffing requirements. Some weekend work may be required.
• Able to work in confined spaces
• Able to lift 50 + pounds occasionally
• Able to exert 20 to 50 lbs of force occasionally and 10 to 25 lbs of force frequently, climb stairs/ ladders up to 40'
• Basic welding and cutting skills a plus
• Able to use various electric and air powered hand, welding and cutting tools
• Computer experience with Microsoft Office
• Able to travel with short notice to Portland Oregon 10 to 12 times per year
• Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather.
We offer competitive salary and benefits (medical, dental, vision, Life & AD&D coverage, 401(k) pension, paid vacation and holidays, professional growth and we promote from within