The Legal Support Assistant provides high-quality administrative support to attorneys and paralegals and is responsible for a wide range of administrative and organizational tasks that directly impact Firm operations as well as the quality of service provided to our clients. This position works closely with attorneys and staff in Houston as well as other Winston offices and often involves interaction with Firm clients, court personnel, and Firm leadership. This position requires a high level of attention to detail, responsiveness, critical thinking skills, professionalism, and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple simultaneous requests in an effective manner.
· Provide high-quality, results focused, deadline driven administrative support to a team of attorneys.
· Enter and review time, meeting critical deadlines and ensuring compliance with client guidelines and protocols; may include responsibility for client billing, opening new matters, and submitting information for conflicts review.
· Coordinate often complex travel arrangements including preparing itineraries and dealing with multiple last minute changes and cancellations; may include international as well as domestic travel.
· Manage client related vendor invoices and attorney reimbursement and travel expenses in a timely and accurate manner, following up as necessary and appropriate.
· Assist with organizing client, case, and deal documents including managing electronic and paper documents and maintaining electronic files per Firm standard.
· Prepare and edit documents in Word and Excel which will include utilizing basic word processing functions such as formatting, editing, and revising documents; proofread and finalize documents that are free of errors.
· Mange client, case related, and internal meetings including coordinating schedules, preparing for visitors, arranging for conference rooms, ordering food and beverage service, preparing materials, arranging for technical support, and following up as needed.
· Proficient and effective use of a variety of legal and administrative applications that support Firm operations and client work.
· Assist attorneys and paralegals in preparing for client meetings, deal closings, hearings, trials, depositions, and other client related project support.
· Track and organize materials and information related to attorney professional activities including state and local bar activities and admissions, continuing legal education requirements, memberships in national, state, local, and industry specific professional organizations.
· Work closely with experienced Legal Administrative Assistants and Paralegals to develop the in depth knowledge and advanced skills and abilities needed to support attorneys and client work at the highest levels of the Firm.