This position is responsible for providing guidance and professional support to lenders and the loan team including on-going responsibility for portfolio maintenance, monitoring documentation and credit approval, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, and the preparation of loan documentation in advance of loan closings.
KEY ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
• Reports to Loan Department Manager or Officer
• Works closely with loan team, various bank departments, and professional service providers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Review loan applications for completeness and compliance with regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Works closely with Lenders and Officers during the preparation and finalization of loan documents.
• Maintains the data integrity of the system, to ensure that loans are boarded and funded in accordance with both the Bank’s approval and loan documentation.
• Communicates with professional service providers, (i.e.: appraisers, attorney’s abstracters, realtors, insurance agents, etc.), to obtain all documentation necessary for preparing loan closing packages and post-closing documentation to complete customer files.
• Responsible for boarding new loans to the banks computer system and complete general loan accounting entries and all tickets accurately as part of loan boarding and servicing functions.
• After loan closing, processes all documentation to perfect the Bank’s collateral position. (i.e.: filing UCC’s and mortgages, liens on vehicle titles, assignments of collateral, etc.) and follows up to verify and document bank’s collateral position after closing by obtaining final titles opinions or certificates of title, UCC searches, vehicle titles, etc.
• Scan, organize and maintain documentation in the Bank’s document imaging system and maintain loan/credit files for loan customers.
• Ability to apply critical reasoning and decision making when questions arise.
• Responsibilities include loan accounting, posting payments and advances, and assisting with loan operational functions.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Strong ethical conduct and sound judgment.
• Possess an eye for detail and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
• Excellent math and basic accounting skills.
• Strong skills in documentation and organization.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to interact effectively with others to resolve problems.
• Ability to develop a strong working knowledge of bank regulations.
• Strong computer skills.
• Project management abilities, with good written and oral communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Associate Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field, or 2-4 years’ experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, and stoop. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and rarely lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to a general office environment and interaction with customers.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.