Revolutionizing the funeral industry means blazing new trails, creating new ideas, developing strong relationships, preserving legacies, and compassionately caring for Families. With over 80 locations across the country, Foundation Partners Group is continuing to expand their reach, but we only do this with exceptional team members ready to embrace the future of the funeral industry.
We look for the most innovative leaders in the funeral industry who have a passion for serving others and are inspired by opportunity, change, and innovation. We recognize that our competitive advantage is and always will be - our people.
We are currently seeking a highly talented and energetic Location Leader at Funeral Alternatives of Washington in Tumwater, WA. The Location Leader is responsible for day-to-day operations, customer service standards, financial performance and team development that creates, supports and sustains a high performance, innovative and family-centric culture.
Overview & Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership, coaching and mentoring to the funeral home staff
- Ensures customer services meets the high standards set by our company
- Meets with client families to listen and arrange personalized funeral services
- Hires, trains and retains high quality team members
- Reviews and monitors staff performance
- Achieves the location’s annual financial and marketing goals
- Promotes teamwork and collaboration; motivates high performance
- Manages all fiscal budgets in accordance with company procedures
- Is actively involved in the community to promote business and enhance our reputation
- Maintains a safe work environment
- Ensures proper paperwork, including permits and certificates are timely and in accordance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Understands technology and implements training to ensure every family is presented with all service and merchandise options
- Contributes to the overall efficiency of the location by maintaining open and effective communication
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Completion of a diploma program at a mortuary college or technical school specializing in Funeral Services; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum six years of progressively complex funeral service, cemetery, low cost cremation or equivalent management experience
- Strong leadership and relationship building skills, and unimpeachable business ethics
- Able to communicate effectively with team members, community leaders, clergy, and grieving families.
- Maintains a positive attitude and working environment
- Strong listening skills and emotional intelligence
- Able to motive and coach team members to an exceptional level of performance and customer service
- Attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong business and financial skills
- Strong basic computer skills
Team Member Benefits Include:
- Entry-level and experienced professionals; students and veterans – we offer complete career paths regardless of your career and life stage
- Work schedules that fit your lifestyle - full-time, part-time and on-call
- Unique ShareLife® technology lets you create one-of-a-kind life celebrations for the families you serve
- Competitive salaries and performance incentives
- Team member referral bonus program
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision insurance
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- 401k with company match
- Company paid life insurance, long-term disability and short-term disability