CCP Industries is in search of a Logistics Analyst & Coordinator to join our team. This person is responsible for auditing all transportation invoices for accuracy and looking for ways to reduce transportation costs while maintaining acceptable levels of service.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the Traffic Department duties.
- Analyze and resolve problems/discrepancies for all transportation invoices on a weekly basis and approve for payment by AP departments.
- Analyze best freight cost for different modes of transportation.
- Working with Director of Supply Chain, implement and define procedures to ensure that the highest level or service is performed by the Traffic Department.
- Approve freight payments for carriers being paid internally through Accounts Payable.
- Assist in the collection of freight claims.
- Seek new opportunities for freight saving.
- Assist in determining proper routing solutions for shipments not supported by our shipping technology.
- Work on consolidation and zone skipping opportunities, looking to reduce overall freight costs and improve service.
- Exercise decision-making skills within defined procedure to determine solutions.
- Interact with Logistics Coordinator, Customer Service, and Sales to assist in customer relationships.
- Maintain shipping requirements for each shipping location.
- Complete special projects as required.
- Maintain import Container database and manage paper flow for all international purchases.
- Assist in customs clearance utilizing and assisting customs brokers for import shipments.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in transportation/distribution field Experience in overseas importing and transportation
- Broad perspective and forward thinking problem solver and strategic planner.
- Strong PC application skills including various software programs such as spreadsheets and word processing, Internet, etc.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate written and verbal skills.
- Minimum of Associate degree.
An Equal Opportunity Employer E-Verify Participant AAP & VEVRAA Federal Contractor This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.