SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Press Operator is responsible for operating the press to form products using billets and die blocks according to established standard work for production purposes.
• Signed off Press Operator I or similar experience elsewhere
• Trouble shoot/problem solve die issues
• Set up and run 2nd and 3rd hit parts via either main cells
• Be able to use the Blanchard to flash a die to bring part into spec.
• Ability to look at and follow a schedule.
• Be able to demonstrate die guttering.
• Understanding of water to graphite ratio.
• Understanding of etching parts.
• Continue to complete all DHR documents.
• Produce parts to manufacturing or customer prints with minimal supervision.
• Perform housekeeping per 5S schedule.
• Perform other duties as required or directed by the Department Supervisor or Lead.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High School or equivalent.
• 1-3 years of Press Operator experience required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Previous manufacturing experience.
• Must be able to use measuring tools.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Should be able to make decisions about running product.
• Must adhere to Company Code of Conduct and Core Values.
• Work performed in manufacturing environment where exposure to a number of elements occurs.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
• Lifting of materials to 60# up to 33% of the time.
• Requires use of foot controls.
• Corrected vison of 20/20, preferred.
• Able to work in a fast-paced quality –oriented environment.
• Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined for the position.
• Must submit to and pass background and substance abuse tests.
• Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States through eVerify.
• Must adhere to the Company Code of Conduct and Core Values.
• Must follow designated safety rules and regulations.
• Must be able to fulfill all the requirements of this position, including requirements related to the company’s Safety, Quality and Environmental Management System Policies and procedures.