Orchid Orthopedic Solutions
1489 N Cedar St
Holt, MI 48842
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Machine Operator/Machinist, Flute Grind Sets up, performs offsets, operates and tends CNC Flute Grinding machines. The Machine Operator/Machinist, Flute Grind reports to the Production Supervisor, Manufacturing Operations Leadership in Orchid Bridgeport.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Operator: Operate and tend a 5-axis flute grinder, to include Rollmatic 600s, 620s,6000s, 628s, Walters and Ancas. Primarily load, unload, make simple offsets, straighten, buff and deburr parts and change wheel packs.
• Machinist: Set up, import programs, operator and tend a 5-axis flute grinder, to include Rollmatic 600s, 620s,6000s, 628s, Walter and Ancas. In addition to the above, will help troubleshoot programs, create and dress wheel packs.
• Set up machine per the setup sheet or customer print
• Clean parts and move them to the next operation
• Perform weekly machine maintenance
• Maintain tooling
• Perform weekly housekeeping per 6S schedule
• Assist and train others as needed
• Perform other duties as required or directed by the Department Supervisor or Lead
• Previous experience on similar machines preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Attention to detail.
• Knowledge of machine shop theory, machinability of materials and layout techniques.
• Knowledge of GD&T
• Ability to read blue prints.
• Must be able to operate the machine at the level required for the area. To be certified to a certain level, all skills indicated within that level must be trained, then evaluated by an authorized evaluator and certified complete, unless otherwise noted.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
• High school diploma or equivalent
ABOUT OUR VALUES
As a member of our team, leading from our values is foundational.
• Integrity First: We Do the Right Thing
• Teamwork: We Are All Connected
• Relentless Pursuit: We Are Driven & Curious