Hydro is a fully integrated aluminum company combining local expertise, worldwide reach and unmatched capabilities in R&D. In addition to production of primary aluminum, rolled and extruded products and recycling, Hydro also extracts bauxite, refines alumina and generates energy to be the only 360° company of the global aluminum industry. We offer exciting employment opportunities with significant upward potential for the motivated individual in a leading multinational company with 35,000 employees in 40 countries on all continents. Hydro in North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all phases of employment are based strictly upon the qualifications of the individual as related to the work requirements of the position. This policy is applied without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other category protected by law.
· Conducts daily five minute meetings.
· Reviews job orders to determine work priorities. Schedules repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
· Coordinates activities of workers fabricating or modifying machines, tools, or equipment to manufacture new products or
· improve existing products.
· Directs maintenance activities on utility systems to provide continuous supply of heat, steam, electric power, gas, or air
· required for operations.
· Develops preventive maintenance program in conjunction with engineering and maintenance staff.
· Reviews production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities.
· Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards.
· Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials.
· Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies required for operations.
· Participates in the direction of training and indoctrination of workers to improve work performance and acquaint workers with company policies and procedures.
· Confers with management, engineering, and quality control personnel to resolve maintenance problems and recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment.
· Complies and enforces all company safety policies.
· Confers with the department manager and plant engineer to administer the Preventive and Predictive Maintenance Program.
· Serves as liaison between management and employees.
· Support and maintain the established Sapa Quality Management System.