Job Title/Grade: Manager, Proposal Recruitment/Senior Manager, Proposal Recruitment, Global Health (9-10)
Reports to: Senior Manager, Proposal Recruitment
Department: Global Health
Date: April 11, 2019
Function of the Position:
DAI’s Global Health department is seeking a highly motivated and skilled individual with full life cycle recruitment experience and/or other professional experience to join its Recruitment team. The ideal candidate will be able to recruit individuals for positions identified on proposals and current DAI projects, in Global Health related areas.
The incumbent in this role will report to the Senior Manager, Proposal Recruitment for DAI Global Health.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead complex recruitment assignments that require creative applications of knowledge to specific recruitment challenges
- Work with proposal and hiring managers to develop position descriptions
- Source appropriate candidates through internal and external networks, industry events, DAI’s internal recruitment database and online electronic resources
- Follow standardized processes to screen and select the best candidates, ensuring compliance with all governmental and client employment specifications
- Facilitate decision-making by hiring managers in order to meet hiring deadlines
- Help proposal teams develop appropriate staffing plans according to proposal requirements
- Negotiate candidate salaries, benefits and allowances within proposal budget constraints and client regulations
- Ensure that all staffing documentation submitted with proposals complies with donor specifications (including letters of commitment, references, due diligence, and other proposal documents)
- Tailor candidates’ CVs to address qualifications required for roles specified in proposals; provide other writing inputs to proposals, as needed
- Mentor and supervise junior staff on proposal efforts
Additional responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Grade 9: Minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience and a Bachelor’s degree; or minimum of 5 years of professional experience and a Master’s degree
- Grade 10: Minimum of 9 years of relevant professional experience and a Bachelor’s degree; or minimum of 7 years of professional experience and a Master’s degree
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with only general direction
- Ability to take responsibility for assignments and report on progress with minimal oversight
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with internal clients and external candidates, both verbally and in writing
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills, and ability to work effectively with diverse teams and handle many tasks simultaneously, often with inflexible deadlines
- Ability to travel for reconnaissance and recruitment efforts to all countries where DAI implements its projects, barring times when DAI Global security has deemed travel unsafe.
Equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered
- International experience (i.e. living, working, studying abroad)
- USAID proposal recruitment experience
- Fluency in a foreign language relevant to the development context
Supervisory Requirements: None
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. EOE - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans