Summary: This is a mid-level, 5 year min experience engineering position. The expectations of this roll will grow with time and is an opportunity for right individual. Experience with Sikorsky drawings and processes is required. Company core competencies in manufactured aircraft type sub-assemblies, contoured sheet metal parts and medium to small CNC machined parts. Experience with processes, inspection requirements and specifications for welding, aluminum heat treat, sheet metal forming methods, aircraft assembly techniques, inspection methods, CNC & manual machining techniques required.
Daily responsibilities include development and maintenance of in-depth operation sheets, inspection plans, and work instructions for shop floor or vendor. Including, but not limited to CAD shop assist drawings, part drawings, photos, set up sheets and written instruction as needed to clearly convey work instructions and inspection requirements. Utilizing software packages such as MS office products, Epicor ERP system, and Key Creator CAD system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but, are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Review requirements, and create/modify, detailed inspection operation sheets and inspection plans.
- Work with creating and modifying methods of manufacture and work instructions that comply with specific manufacturing processes and customer requirements.
- Enter all required information into inspection operation sheets and ERP system including, but not limited to, Bill of Materials (BOM), outside vendor processing, tooling, gauges, CNC programs, inspection and quality requirements.
- Process improvements working independently or as a team to develop cost savings, time savings, or ease of manufacture.
- As a team, assist in developing tooling and fixtures as needed to support the production and inspection of parts and processes.
- Work with fully featured 3D CAD models as well as create 2D drawings or MBD annotations as required and detailed inspection sheets from customer supplied models and requirements.
- Create in-depth in process inspection requirements including gage requirements and process testing requirements.
- Evaluate and trouble shoot processes and parts running on shop floor and develop improvements to process or analyze for root cause and corrective action.
- Time management is key to ensure tasks are completed on time and meet all requirements.
Qualifications & Skills:
· BS degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a related field, or a minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar technical roll with no degree, but experience working with Sikorsky drawings and methods.
· Must have experience in aerospace industry.
· Exposure to the manufacture of sheet metal and CNC machining of Sikorsky parts is required.
· Must have good oral and written communication skills and basic engineering analytical skills. An understanding of detail drawing standards and geometric tolerance is essential.
· Professionalism and discretion are required in this role as you will represent the company when interact with customers, vendors, and employees.
· Must be able to work under moderate supervision as well as with a team, use independent judgment at times, and exercise discretion.
· Experience with Catia V4 & V5, Mastercam, and SolidWorks a plus.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee frequently is required to walk, bend, stoop, kneel, or crouch and reach with hands and arms, climb or balance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pursuant to ITAR, EAR, and other export compliance laws and regulations, applicants for this position must be U.S. Persons as defined by U.S. law, i.e., U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents ('Green Card' holders), persons granted refugee status or asylum status in the United States, or temporary residents granted amnesty.
Valley Tool and Manufacturing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of our affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy. Valley Tool and Manufacturing LLC prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind, against any applicant or any employee recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions) sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, status of an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected under federal or state law.
T Salary / Exempt ð Hourly / Non-exempt