Changing the world is all in a day's work at Chamberlain Group. If you love innovation, here's your chance to make a career of it. Join us at the Chamberlain Group as a Network Security Engineer at Oak Brook IL location.
Network Security Engineer Experience:
- Minimum eight (8) years' experience in an IT operations environment with technical experience in distributed technologies, systems development, and/or networking.
- One or more of Certifications: CISSP, CCNP and CCNA are preferred.
- Coding/scripting ability with Python, C/C++/C#, Java, PowerShell
- Speaking / Articulation / Effective Communicator - Talking to others to convey information effectively
- Experience with deploying and/or troubleshooting SSL certificates, VPN, IPS, Data Loss Prevention, Traffic filtering/shaping, antivirus, IP reputation management
- Public cloud operation of networks (AWS, Azure) and traffic management.
- 5 years related Network Operations Center (NOC) experience or similar IT experience such as a working to troubleshooting network connectivity.
- Expert knowledge of telecommunications technologies and data center operations including: TCP/IP, Packet Inspection, WLAN, WAN, and LAN technologies, and the inter-workings of those technologies. Also includes data, broadband, VoIP, Internet services, e-commerce and the deployment and implementation of those services.
- Experience designing, deploying and using network monitoring systems.
- Knowledge and experience using a trouble ticketing system.
Network Security Engineer Overview:
Network Security Engineer position will perform duties in a multifaceted role within the Connected Solutions team. Responsibilities range across the IT spectrum with a focus on security. The job also includes implementation and administration of network security hardware and software for the Connected Solutions program. Daily work activities include analyzing, troubleshooting and correcting network problems on-site and/or remotely. The role will be responsible for designing, engineering, implementing, maintaining, monitoring and auditing the network security environment in support of the company’s software connectivity services.
- Develop and maintain information security policies as needed to maintain the data security of the client enterprise. Audit the policies and user annually.
- Analyzing, troubleshooting and correcting network problems remotely and on-site.
- Maintaining and administering perimeter security systems such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- Provide security solutions, designs, and reviews, develop and promote corporate policy standards and procedures. Perform security audits with the latest network testing tools to ensure client system standards.
- Develop security strategies, architectures and security requirements based on the business needs of the client.
- Investigating security breech alerts. Responsible for detecting, analyzing and eradicating network security problems in all landscapes
- Responsible for vulnerability assessments, IDS/IPS, firewall deployment and upgrades, maintain systems with a focus on hardening against new exploits and vulnerabilities.
- Operate with a focus on protecting the assets of the company, the application and the data center to protect systems from unauthorized access or destruction
- Educate users to raise security awareness and promote security policies, creating new policies and procedures when applicable
- Ensures the user community of developers, operators, business analysts, project stakeholders understand and adheres to necessary procedures to maintain security
- Engage and manage external companies or suppliers to conduct security assessments and reports.
- Interface and respond to escalated incidents from the managed services partner performing SOC monitoring.
- Provide on-call support as necessary to cover incidents and SLA breaks in cooperation with the Operations group.
- Escalates problems appropriately. Responsible for providing a focal point for reporting of computer security incidents in collaboration with Enterprise IT Security team.
- Documentation of network issues in a ticketing system including Incident, Change, and Problem Management.
- Responsible for participation in outage teleconference bridges effectively and professionally.
- Protect Chamberlain’s reputation by keeping information confidential.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results and participating on projects as needed.
Network Security Engineer Minimum Education Qualifications Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
For Immediate Consideration:
Share our immediate openings with your circle of friends, business Associates and family members. We have awesome opportunities.
Network Security Engineer opportunity offers a competitive base salary and excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match and in-service bonus, and more! We're an organization who values its human capital and provides support to assist its employees succeed.
Chamberlain Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will be considered for this position based upon your experience and education, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry; marital, disabled or veteran status. We are committed to creating and maintaining a workforce environment that is free from any form of discrimination or harassment.
NOTE: Staffing agencies, headhunters, recruiters, and/or placement agencies, please do not contact our hiring managers via email or phone or other methods.