SUMMARY OF POSITION
The rough grinder is responsible for grinding parts to remove flash and other indications according to the established standard work for production purposes.
• Operate a belt grinder.
• Change belts on belt grinder for different areas on the part.
• Change belt wheel accordingly to accommodate the belt that is being used.
• Complete required router information.
• Perform housekeeping per 6S schedule.
• Assist and train others as needed.
• Operate a die grinder.
• Operate a pencil grinder.
• Operate a buffing wheel.
• Visually Inspect parts for missed cracks and die wear.
• Perform other duties as required or directed by the Department Supervisor or Lead.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High School or equivalent.
SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Previous manufacturing experience.
• Ability to inspect parts.
• Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
• Must adhere to Company Code of Conduct and Core Values.
• Work performed in manufacturing environment where exposure to a number of elements occurs.
• Lifting of materials up to 50#
• Requires repetitive grasping, fingering, manipulation of materials.
• Corrected vision of 20/20, preferred.
• Able to work in a fast-paced quality –oriented manufacturing environment.
• Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined for the position.
• Must submit to and pass background and substance abuse tests.
• Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States through eVerify.
• Must adhere to the Company Code of Conduct and Core Values.
• Must follow designated safety rules and regulations.
• Must be able to fulfill all the requirements of this position, including requirements related to the company’s Safety, Quality and Environmental Management System Policies and procedures.