A Part-Time Job with Purpose – Hallmark is Hiring!
Hallmark makes the world a more caring place by helping people laugh, love, heal, say thanks, reach out and make meaning connections with others. You can too.
Hallmark is currently hiring for a Part Time Retail Merchandiser in Sarasota, FL 34231
The Retail Merchandiser is a part-time position that performs service work in the Hallmark department in various retail stores such as grocery stores, drug stores, department stores and mass retailers. These positions do not service Hallmark Card Shops.
To view the Retail Merchandiser Career Profile video: Click Here
This is your opportunity to represent the world’s best-known greeting card brand and develop retailer relationships in your community. Hallmark provides paid training, paid travel time and mileage reimbursement between stores and access to a variety of corporate discounts.
There are three major components of this PART-TIME position:
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS - All Positions
- Day to Day Service:
- Product merchandising: You will handle all aspects of product merchandising within your assigned You will use a Hallmark-issued, hand-held mobile device to replenish, straighten and track inventory of Hallmark products. This could include products placed inside the Hallmark department or within other areas of the store.
- Store employee and customer interaction: You must interact in a professional manner with store employees, store management and customers while in the store.
- Schedule: Your Territory Supervisor will clarify your specific Work is typically scheduled Monday through Friday during the day and hours will increase during holiday periods.
- Holiday Support:
- Hallmark's business is season Your scheduled days and hours will increase the week before and after the following holidays - Valentine's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- You may be required to work on the actual holiday for Valentine's Day, Mother's Day and Father's Day.
- Department Remodels and Resets:
- Occasionally, you may be required to be a part of an installation team and work on activities to include, but not limited to, building Hallmark fixtures, moving card departments, installing fixtures and product and remodeling card departments.
- Typically you will receive at least a 2-week notice for remodel/reset work.
This is a physically demanding job that requires a high level of energy and a sense of urgency. You will be working on the selling floor as well as in back stockrooms. You must be able to consistently push, pull, lift, and carry cartons, merchandise and display fixtures up to 30 pounds throughout the work day and up to 50 pounds on occasion. You will also be required to stoop, squat, walk, and stand throughout your work day, and you may be required to climb stairs and step ladders.
REQUIREMENTS - All Positions
- Access to a Wi-Fi network and the internet
- Able to operate hand-held technology provided to open and read documents and interpret information
- Flexibility to work a changing work schedule that may include an occasional evening or weekend
- Reliable transportation to report to assigned locations as scheduled
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Able to read, understand and communicate in English
- At least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
- May be required to work the week before and the week after major holidays
Interested? To apply now, please visit our career site at http://fieldjobs.hallmark.com.
Hallmark EOE Statement
If you are an individual with a disability, a disabled veteran or a wounded warrior and you are unable or limited in your ability to access or use any one of Hallmark's electronic means of applying for jobs as a result of your disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting us via e-mail. Please note: Hallmark will respond only to requests for accommodations due to a disability. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program (link below), completing Form I-9 Employment Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks. Hallmark participates in the Electronic Employment Verification program (E-Verify) where required. Hallmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status.