AMERICAN PACKAGING CORPORATION
American Packaging Corporation (APC) is one of the top flexible packaging converters serving customers throughout North America. We are always seeking to improve our operations, deliver more innovation and value, and give back to our local communities. Our longstanding success as custom flexible packaging suppliers has been fueled by our commitment to providing more innovation, more quality, and more responsive customer service, along with our strategic investments in the latest technology.
LOCATION: Story City, IA
SUMMARY: Safely, efficiently and effectively operate assigned production machinery equipments. Monitor quality, production and waste, adhering to all customer specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Retrieve all necessary set up information/specifications/guidelines and complete all machine changeover/set-up processes.
• Ensure adhesives have sufficient bond, strength and clarity; monitor glue pumps and fill as needed.
• Minimize machine downtime and make mechanical machinery adjustments as required; troubleshoot and solve printing problems.
• Ensure product produced meets the quality requirements as defined by Quality Assurance and complete necessary sheets for quality checks.
• Work with and direct activities of assigned Press Helper.
• Pre-plan next job before completion of current job; ensure all start-up material meet specification requirements.
• Deliver accurate and concise information to adjacent shifts and Shift Supervisors in a timely fashion.
• Participate in training, embrace concepts of and actively practice the STOP Safety Program fundamentals
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or GED
- 3 years of direct industry related experience: printing/laminating/bag making
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Basic Mathematical skills
• High speed wide width Flexographic printing and adhesive lamination.
• Cold seal experience
American Packaging Corporation is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. American Packaging Corporation will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position please contact our Human Resources department