Location: Clifton Park
Department: Power Systems
Employment Type: Full Time Non-union
Work Hours: 1st Shift
Requisition Number: 18-0170
Product Support Consultants are a key figure in helping keep our customer’s equipment healthy and productive by selling Caterpillar parts, preventative maintenance and repairs within a designated territory. They develop and offer solutions that allow Caterpillar equipment owners to achieve the lowest operating costs possible and minimize machine downtime. This position is responsible for promoting all products and services offered by Milton CAT.
• Assist customer in achieving lower operating costs by recommending appropriate parts and service options.
• Build relationships with key decision makers and promote Milton CAT parts, service and product support programs; including loadbank testing, cooling system service, fluids analysis, engine and generator repairs/overhauls.
• Primary liaison between customer and Milton CAT in all areas related to product support.
• Coordinate and communicate with the customer, service department, and parts department to ensure exceptional level of service.
• Generate and develop new business to meet business goals.
• Provide customer training on unit operation and maintenance needs.
• Promote, develop and sell maintenance contracts.
• Provide parts and service quotes to customers.
• Coordinates service repairs and parts deliveries.
• Creates and maintains profiles on all major parts and service competitors.
• Reports lost parts and service sales.
• Meet targets for sales, profits, units and close ratios.
• Keep updated machine population in assigned territory.
• Maintain customer account using customer relationship management (CRM) software.
• Answer customer calls during and after normal business hours, including evenings and weekends, as needed.
• Follow up to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Participate in business and trade events; maintain membership in trade organizations.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or (GED) equivalent.
• 3-5 years’ experience with Prime/Standby Generators in a parts or service support position.
• 3-5 years’ experience working directly in and/or for Generator business. I.E. Sales/Support company, Facility Manager/Management Co, wholesaler, rental house.
• Proficient in the use of a computer and related Microsoft software, including CRM.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong problem solving skills and be detailed oriented with a high level of accuracy.
• Perform duties with a sense of urgency, exceeding customer expectations.
• Work with minimal supervision.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to work after hours when needed to meet customer needs.
• Work in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
• Attend training meetings, which may require overnight stays.
• Basic math skills.
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
• Previous selling experience.
• Prior territory management experience.
• Working knowledge of Caterpillar products.
• Previous experience with diesel and/or gas engines.
• Previous experience with Power Generator related business.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties.
Apply Online – https://re22.ultipro.com/SOU1021/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*BA6F239EE8EE0708
Resumes that are mailed, emailed or hand-delivered to Milton CAT or any employee will not be considered. You must apply online. Background checks, drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process. Because we are a federal contractor, you will be offered the opportunity to complete a voluntary self-identification of disability form. The option to self-identify is provided online as part of our application process. Any responses you provide will be confidential and used for reporting purposes only.
Milton CAT is an equal opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, handicap, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. We base all employment decisions to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. EEO/AA employer. Milton CAT is a Drug-Free workplace.