Veterans' Outreach Mission Report
Over the last 26 years, we have helped veterans more than 100,000 times.
We have developed programs that perform our mission to help veterans that include the Direct Aid Program, the Outreach Program, the Heroes' Closet Program, the Daily Food Pantry Program, the Serve Veterans Now Food Pantry Program, and our National Project…”Heroes’ Passage”!
The Direct Aid Program provides veterans and their families up to $200 per veteran per year in states that we are registered in. Direct aid needs addressed have included, but are not limited to shelter, rent, utilities, food, auto repair, clothing, and relocation.
We work with veterans to help them find employment if they are able, either through outside employers or agencies that we are associated with or through our own Workforce Program which we call our Outreach Program.
We offer free clothing and personal items to veterans through our Heroes' Closet Program. Donations are received, processed, and made available to veterans to browse through at no cost. We've dressed veterans for every occasion such as job interviews, exercising, leisure, and even funerals and weddings.
The Daily Food Pantry Program is comprised of donated foods that are sorted and given to veterans in need.
The Serve Veterans Now Food Pantry Program provides a onetime gift of a canvas tote of groceries including meats, vegetables, fruits, and non-perishable foods totaling 22 lbs.
We work with like-minded agencies to develop the best solutions for veterans and avoid duplicate services.
We assist WWII veterans and their families with registration for the National WWII Memorial.
*Some programs not available at all offices. *
In 2019, we continued and enhanced our services. Veterans' Outreach stands ready with our mission to "serve and honor" all veterans with a passion that attempts to mirror the selfless sacrifices that military men and women make every day.
"Heroes don't wear capes, heroes wear dog tags."
We are grateful for and humbled by the generous donations of our supporters
Program Accomplishments for 2019
• Provided Direct Aid to veterans more than 3,900 times in the regions we serve.
• Helped 100 veterans with employment through our Outreach Program.
• Gifted veterans with more than 8,000 articles of FREE clothing through the Heroes' Closet Program.
• Gave 80,000 lbs. of food to veterans through the Daily Food Pantry Program.
• Gifted totes of groceries through the Serve Veterans Now Food Pantry Program.
• Supplied hundreds of veterans with medical equipment, health products, and hygiene needs through the Heroes' Closet Program.
• Attended several Veterans Resource Fairs with thank you gifts for veterans.
• Provided more than 500 holiday food bags to veterans through Save A Lot promotions.
• Published a "Case of the Week" each week on this site and Facebook page.
• Continued to register WWII veterans for the Registry of Remembrances.
• Hosted our 4th Annual Golf Scramble.
• Had 40 Fundraising Events hosted by us, Vet Clubs, and local businesses.
• Continued development of Heroes' Passage.
• Increased our Facebook page to over 65,000 followers.
GOD BLESS AMERICA.
GOD BLESS OUR VETERANS.
GOD BLESS OUR MILITARY FAMILIES.