Ocean Associates, Inc. (OAI) is seeking a Program Manager to support the Navy Medical Research Center (NMRC) in Silver Spring, MD. OAI supplies personnel support on contract to government and industry clients for administrative, managerial, and organizational services. The mission of NMRC is to conduct research, development, tests, and evaluations to enhance the health, safety, and readiness of Navy and Marine Corps personnel in the effective performance of peacetime and contingency missions and to perform other functions as directed by higher authority. OAI will provide administrative, managerial, and organizational services in support of military medical research, including budgets, operational surveys, studies, and analyses on matters related to the NMRC mission. This is an excellent opportunity for a person with strong Federal contract and program management experience.
Primary duties include:
- Lead, manage and direct contractor activities either directly, or in support of DoD funded acquisitions efforts.
- Exercise supervisory personnel management responsibilities for contractor personnel.
- Deliver presentations to the Government on program status, accomplishments, problems/analysis/solutions, requirements for support, and promotion of program objectives.
- Serve as the on-site representative (in Silver Spring, MD) of the contractor organization at higher levels within NMRC.
- Help update contracting plans, budgets or contract scope of work, as necessary.
- Lead, manage and direct contractor activities either directly, or in support of, DoD funded acquisition effort.
- Direct and coordinate the collective efforts of the contractor employees within the multi-disciplined staff of military, civilian, and contractors.
- Serve as an Acquisition Program/Project Manager, directing or supporting contractor activities of an DoD funded acquisition effort.
- Exercise delegated managerial authority to oversee the overall planning, directing, and timely execution of a program, several program segments (each of which is managed through separate subordinate organizational units), or comparable staff functions, including development, assignment, and higher level approval of goals and objectives for supervisors or managers of subordinate organizational unit or lower organizational levels.
- Approve multi-year and long-range contractor work plans developed by subordinate organizational units and subsequently manage the overall contractor work to enhance achievement of the NMRC goals and objectives.
- Oversee the revision of long range plans, goals and objectives for the tasked work when required.
- Manage the development of policy changes in response to changes in levels of appropriations or other legislated changes.
- Manage contractor organizational changes and any major change to the structure and content of the program or program segments under contractor tasking.
- Support Ocean Associates, Inc. business development activities, as requested.
Expected position start date: February 1, 2019
Navy Medical Research Center, Silver Spring, MD.
(This is non-negotiable. All applicants must currently be or capable of living within daily commuting distance of Silver Spring, MD. to be considered for this opportunity. Please confirm commuting capability in cover letter.)
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time 40 hr/week position with excellent employee benefits, including medical insurance, holiday, vacation, and sick leave. Salary commensurate with experience.
Required Knowledge and Experience
(Resume or Cover Letter must describe required knowledge or experience.)
- Bachelor’s degree in either: Business Management, Business, Management, Accounting, or Finance.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of cradle-to-grave experience/knowledge in Federal acquisitions.
- Knowledge of the policies, practices, regulations, and laws concerning the acquisition management process and initiatives.
- Knowledge of safety and security regulations, practices, and procedures for government operations and research and development operations.
- Knowledge of the missions, roles, functions, organizational structures, and operation of the DOD, Air Force, and organizations that govern, interface with, and/or influence the systems acquisition process.
- Skill to plan, organize, and direct the functions and staff in critical aspects of development and production, support of systems, subsystems, or equipment and to coordinate various aspects of systems acquisition such as engineering, contracting, financial management, configuration, test, and manufacturing.
- Ability to supervise, mentor, motivate, appraise, and work with subordinate non-supervisory contractor employees.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing, clearly, concisely, and with technical accuracy.
- Experience applying management techniques, methods, theories, principles, and labor relations concepts, sufficient to assure optimum utilization of personnel, equipment, and space, and to accomplish program objectives through combined technical and administrative oversight.
- Experience planning, directing, and evaluating work of subordinate managers, employees, and/or other contractor personnel.
- Experience applying appropriate operations, policies, applicable laws, regulations, rules, practices, procedures, and techniques sufficient to provide oversight and direction in the planning, development and implementation of the technical aspects of programs directly related and/or specific to the position being filled.
- Experience applying budget and fiscal methods used in establishing and maintaining an organization.
- Experience with major programs segments, organizational structures and/or functional responsibilities specific to the position being filled.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please APPLY THROUGH OUR ADP WEB PORTAL.
Only qualified applicants that meet minimum experience or background requirements stated above need apply. When applying for this position you will be asked to upload your resume at the end of this online application.
When applying for this position you will be asked to upload your resume at the end of this online application.
- Include your name in the document file name.
- Sending your resume in readable (not scanned) PDF or Word format is preferred.
Applicants should submit a resume that includes the following:
- Work history directly related to the duties and required knowledge & experience described above. The information in a resume can be augmented with a cover letter.
- Education, including DAWIA Program Management II or PMP.
- Previous experience or training with similar requirements.
- Three professional references.
- Confirmation of ability to commute five days a week to Silver Spring, MD by February 2019.
- Confirmation of current US passport or ability to acquire a US passport by February 2019.
- Confirmation of ability to pass a Federal government background check.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States, complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire, and successfully complete a federal government background check. Ocean Associates Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law.
OAI is a government contractor and is required by law to invite applicants to self-identify their race, gender, national origin, disability status and veteran status. OAI is required to use the information it collects as part of its future affirmative action efforts in hiring. The information is collected anonymously by computer and is not connected to your application. You will see a place to check certain boxes in OAI's online application. Even though the information is anonymous, self-identification is voluntary. You can always check the box that says you decline to self-identify.
Note: If you are not selected, your materials may be retained for present or future opportunities. We may use your resume in bidding on a project and if we are awarded the work we will contact you before seeking further applicants. If you do not wish us to retain or use your resume to seek work for you, please let us know in the "Notes" section on the second page of the online application.