Publications Clearance Assistant
OAI is seeking a candidate who will provide administrative support to a potential U.S. Department of Defense (USDOD) client. The publications clearance assistant will provide administrative, managerial, and organizational type services in support of military medical research, including budgets, operational surveys, studies, and business analyses; recommend administrative actions to solve problems; and enterprise-related items. The mission of this organization is to conduct research, development, tests, and evaluations to enhance the health, safety, and readiness of Navy and Marine Corps personnel in the effective performance of peacetime and contingency missions and to perform other functions as directed by higher authority. The administrative assistant will support the USDOD as they conduct basic and applied research inCombat Casualty Care, Infectious Diseases, Bone Marrow Transplantation, Biological Defense Research, Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine, Aviation Medicine, Behavioral Science and Epidemiology, Directed Energy, Medical Modeling Simulation and Information Management, Toxicology, Operational and Undersea Medicine, Dental and Maxillofacial, Immune Cell Biology, Environmental Medicine and Human Factors directly related to military requirements and operational needs.
Expected position start date: Fall 2018
Silver Spring, MD
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time position with excellent employee benefits, including medical insurance, holiday, vacation, and sick leave. Salary commensurate with experience.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of an Associate's Degree in any field of study or at least three years of experience with management and administrative services with established professional knowledge and skills specific to field of medicine;
- Typing skills with at least 5O WPM;
- Knowledge of coordinating regular, occasional and periodic assessments to ensure that policies and instructions are updated;
- Demonstrated experience maintaining easily accessible files and tracking systems for publications submissionpackages and ending with final professional publication/presentation;
- Demonstrated experience conducting audits of databases to ensure accuracy of information; and other information products;
- Demonstrated experience providing administrative/project management support services for utilizing tracking sheets,routing copies, notifications of project status and assisting with internal quality improvement initiatives;
- Demonstrated experience with customer service operations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software;
- Knowledge of general office machines and telephone system;
- Ability to pass a USDOD background check;
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skill.
Preference will be given to applicants with experience as a USDOD employee or contractor and/or administrative support experience in the medical field.
The position requires access to Federal office buildings and communication networks. Applicants must have US citizenship or right to work documents that do not expire during the contract period, combined with two years of US residency before the start of employment.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please APPLY THROUGH OCEANASSOC.COM, ADP WEB PORTAL.
Only qualified applicants that meet minimum experience or background requirements stated above need apply. When applying for this position you will be asked to upload your resume at the end of this online application.
Applicants should submit a resume that includes the following:
- Cover letter that briefly describes how you meet the required and preferred qualifications listed.
- Work history for past 10 years or since last full-time education.
- Previous experience or training with similar requirements.
- Three professional references.
- Include your name in the document file name.
- Upload your resume in readable, not scanned, PDF or Word format (PDF is preferred).
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States, complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire, and successfully complete a federal government background check. Ocean Associates Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law.
OAI is a government contractor and is required by law to invite applicants to self-identify their race, gender, national origin, disability status and veteran status. OAI is required to use the information it collects as part of its future affirmative action efforts in hiring. The information is collected anonymously by computer and is not connected to your application. You will see a place to check certain boxes in OAI's online application. Even though the information is anonymous, self-identification is voluntary. You can always check the box that says you decline to self-identify.
Note: If you are not selected, your materials may be retained for present or future opportunities. We may use your resume in bidding on a project and if we are awarded the work we will contact you before seeking further applicants. If you do not wish us to retain or use your resume to seek work for you, please let us know in the "Notes" section on the second page of the online application.