Chicago - IL, IL150SW, 150 S Wacker Dr, 60606-4
Axle J Marcoline
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Schwab Equity Ratings Department is a quant team located in Chicago which primarily focuses on domestic and international equity models. The Quality Assurance Engineer position is part of the Schwab Equity Ratings Department’s Operations Team. The team’s primary objective is to ensure reliable model executions and dependable research data. In order to ensure reliable execution and dependable data, the Quality Assurance Engineer will assist the team in (1) Code Promotions, (2) Documentation Refinement, (3) Quality Assurance, and (4) Schwab Technology integration. This position is based in our 150 S. Wacker Dr. Chicago office location. Occasional weekend work is required, typically no more than 30 minutes to an hour of time, with overtime compensation.
What you’ll do:
- Support execution of development pipeline and delivery of the organization’s software products to QA, INT, PRE-PROD and ultimately to Production.
- Support release management to assemble releases and drive improvements in the release process
- Interface with key stakeholders in Advice Technology to ensure high quality of data delivery and coordinate continuous improvement efforts for software project alignment
- Participate in Design Reviews, Requirements Gathering session to direct the test automation activities and approach, and complete Root Cause Analysis for any defect slippages.
- Define and implement effective risk mitigation strategies for all testing-related risks.
- Identify technology risks and dependencies early to establish mitigation plans.
- Create documentation to support audit artifacts and risk-control self-assessments.
- Maintain quality control and quality assurance program to test internally developed software
- Implement test practices, standards and processes, troubleshoot test issues, record test results, track and prioritize defects, participate in product readiness and release decisions
- Make sure the automation is constantly running and being analyzed, reporting on failure promptly.
- Assist with the creation and execution of unit tests to comprehensively cover the entire scope of software functionality. The scope includes scheduling, event and workflow management, reporting, etc.
- Develop new functionality in the command line module of the software to support creation of QA/QC scripts, and test various scenarios of using the software.
- Utilize automated software test tools and frameworks such as xUnit framework to achieve software quality standards
Schwab Technology Integration
- Work cross-organizationally both within Schwab Technology Services and with external vendors to orchestrate server and storage changes to fit the business evolution
- Perform exploratory testing randomly and when ecosystem changes are announced
- Participate on model validation projects by supporting the examination of technical controls, including:
- Model change management procedures,
- State of model implementation,
- Data integrity checks,
- Data backup and archiving process, etc.